- Adjunct - Business Technologies
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Adjunct - Brewing Science (Fall '20, Spring '21)
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College invites candidates that are fully committed to the mission and values of Cincinnati State Technical and Community College to apply for the position of Adjunct Brewing Science. This position requires teaching classroom and laboratory instruction in Brewing Science.
For the Fall 2020 semester, there is need for a Brewing Production instructor. For Spring 2021 semester, there is need for a Brewing Packaging, Materials and Quality instructor. These positions are located in the Business Technologies Division and the Midwest Culinary Institute.
- Deliver learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons. Note preparation time will vary based on instructor experience in teaching that course.
- Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus.
- Ensure that students are complying with BREW dress code and brewing lab policies as well as completing all course assignments and course preparation.
- Administer and grade quizzes and exams to assess achievement.
- Ensure that brewing labs are left in a clean, organized fashion according to BREW lab policies.
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
- Maintain an electronic record of each student's progress and have it accessible to the students.
- Complete grade books, final grade sheets, learning assessments and final exam assessments on a timely basis.
- Complete as directed all end of term responsibilities, including submission of final grades, copies of exams, attendance records, and all other designated materials to the Academic Office.
- Consult with the program chair, faculty, and/or other appropriate College personnel on questions or issues involving course curricula, instructional strategies, and College policies and procedures.
- Respond to requests (e.g., from students, academic area chairs, department heads, committee chairs, Records Office) in a timely and thorough manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Brewing Science, Fermentation Sciences, Bioscience or a closely related bachelor's degree
- 2-3 years' industry or business applied experience in the beer or brewing field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a strong desire to teach.
- Previous teaching experience in an academic environment with a diverse student and faculty population.
- Certified Cicerone or MBAA Beer Steward certificate.
- Knowledgeable of computer-based software, with analytical and report writing skills.
- Serves as a role model for BREW students.
- Full commitment to the mission and values of Cincinnati State Technical and Community College.
- Utilizes constructive feedback as an opportunity for growth and handles conflict and criticism effectively.
- Ability to create a positive learning environment that is respectful and promotes the interests of students first, while setting appropriate expectations for student growth and success.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
- Ability to fulfill duties without continued direct supervision
- Ability to learn from students' participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual
Reports To: Associate Dean, Business Technologies Division
Position Level: Adjunct
Compensation: $550.00 per contact hour
Job Category: Non-Bargaining
Contractual Affiliation: N/A
Exempt Classification: Non- Exempt
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who are being considered for an interview. Please be assured that we will keep your resume on file until position is closed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital
Sign Up For Job Alerts!