- Adjunct - Business Technologies
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Adjunct - Landscape Horticulture
The Adjunct for Landscape Horticulture will be responsible for the planning and execution of courses in the Landscape Horticulture department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The adjunct will work with the full-time faculty and course documents to ensure students learn desired competencies.
- Associate degree in Horticulture or *relevant field AND three (3) years of experience.
- Experience in training and supervising a minimum of three (3) employees
*Relevant fields include agriculture, business, social work, urban planning/studies and/or experience in one or more of the following areas:
Horticulture Science (applied botany)
Soil Science/Plant Nutrition
Woody Plant Materials
Herbaceous Plant Materials
Fruit & Nut Production
Landscape Pests and Controls (Entomology and Plant Pathology)
Pesticide Applicator Training
Golf Course Management
Athletic Field Management
Turfgrass Pests and Controls
Computer-Aided Landscape Design
Vegetable Crop Production
Sustainable Landscape Design
Greenhouse Management and Plant Production
Irrigation Design, Installation, and Troubleshooting
Operating a horticulture or agriculture based business
- Bachelor's Degree in Horticulture or related discipline from an accredited college or university, OR at least five (5) years' experience in a horticulture or agriculture related field
- One year teaching or training experience
- Effective skills to communicate with students, other faculty, administrators, and the community.
Position available: Varies by semester
Compensation: $550 per contact hour for new adjuncts
Contractual Affiliation: N/A
Exempt Classification: Non-Exempt
Status: Part time
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who are being considered for an interview. Please be assured that we will keep your resume on file.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!