College Representative/Recruiter – Main Campus
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College is recruiting for a College Representative/Recruiter to assist with all of the College's recruiting, admissions and advising functions. This person will assist the Director of Admissions and Career Services to formulate and implement recruitment strategies, plans and goals for the region based on demographic analyses, market research and other admissions data. This position includes travel, evening and weekend work. He/she will interface with prospective parents and students, secondary school counselors and other individuals and organizations involved with the college selection process. The recruiter will also be involved in outreach activities in the community.
Serve as recruiter for the College providing outreach services
- Assist with the planning and presentation of the weekly admission information sessions and other on-campus recruiting functions.
- Assist in the personal follow-up of applicants and prospects.
- Assist in answering routine mail inquiries about admissions.
- Establish office hours for prospect appointments and walk-ins to provide admission information.
- Serve on the recruiting/admissions advisory committee with high school counselors.
- Keep informed about programs and course offerings of the College, including Workforce Development.
- Keep flexible hours to meet request for evening and weekend high school college nights, College fairs, career sessions, shopping center fairs and similar events.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associates degree required.
- Previous experience working with the public and database usage.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree.
- Two (2) years of professional experience, ideally within a college setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues pertaining to higher education, recruitment and admission.
- Experience coordinating and prioritizing work and activities of self and others.
- Knowledge of information systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate/interact effectively with a diverse professional, community, and student population to provide a good impression of the College.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, work independently and be a team player, pay attention to detail, maintain confidentiality, work flexible hours and meet project deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills in problem solving, analytical, decision-making, project management skills and time management.
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to student success.
- Ability and willingness to work with students of various abilities and diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Bilingual – Spanish
Reports To: Director of Admissions and Career Center
Position Level: College Representative/Recruiter
Comp. Range: $40,582.55/year
Pay Grade: 18
Contract Affiliation: SEIU
Candidates selected for full-time positions are eligible for our benefit package that includes excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits with minimal out of pocket payments and contribution rates, tuition reimbursement, immediate accrual of vacation, sick and personal leave and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer- Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!