- Adjunct - Health & Public Safety
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Adjunct Community Health Worker (CHW)
Overview: Cincinnati State Technical and Community College invite applications for an Adjunct Community Health Worker (CHW)
- Deliver learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons. Note preparation time will vary based on instructor experience in teaching the course.
- Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations, and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus.
- Provide interesting and relevant assignments for students that demonstrate learning outcomes in a real-life setting.
- Suitably challenge, engage, serve, and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect.
- Provide each student with a syllabus that outlines clear course expectations, evaluations, topical outlines and timelines.
- Assist in achieving course objectives and provide formative and summative feedback related to the student's progress in a timely manner.
- Post all students' grades (exam grades, major assignment grades, etc.) to the electronic Blackboard grade book.
- The ability to provide communications in electronic format to the student in a timely manner using varied formats.
- Consult with CHW Program Coordinator prior to the beginning of the semester to clarify course assignments.
- Be available for CHW staff meetings conducted each semester.
- Follows all college, divisional, and program policies/procedures as they pertain to their role in instruction of students.
- Work with others within the program to achieve the vision and goals for the CHW program.
- Bachelor Degree in nursing, public health, social work or related field with minimum of two (2) years demonstrated experience. Has a working knowledge of the Community Health Worker function and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of local and national health care policy and health care market
- Minimum of two (2) years of managerial experience with interdisciplinary teams (medical, social or behavioral health)
- Knowledge of SW Ohio/Northern KY community health, consumer, and social service organizations
- Experience with clinical/social service program development, working with vulnerable populations
- Previous work experience with diverse ethnic populations.
- Valid Ohio driver's license with no moving violations.
- Valid CPR certification
- Valid professional licensure/certification associated with professional credentials
- Master's degree in healthcare or closely related field
- Must have a minimum of (1) year teaching experience in post- secondary or vocational/technical education
- Previous teaching experience in an academic environment
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience with public health, community-based organizations and/or social services in a community setting.
- Proficient with computers to include working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) or other interactive databases;
- Ability to work independently or with little supervision.
Direct Report: Associate Dean, Health and Public Safety Division
Position Available: Varies by semester
Compensation: $550 per contact hour for new adjuncts
Contractual Affiliation: N/A
Exempt Classification: Non-Exempt
Status: Part time
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who are being considered for an interview. Please be assured that we will keep your resume on file.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!