- Adjunct - Center for Innovative Technology
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Adjunct - Cooperative Education Career Preparation (CIT)
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College invite applications for an Adjunct Cooperative Education Career Preparation program. The Career Preparation Adjunct Instructor is responsible for teaching Career Preparation classes as a part of our Cooperative Education Program. The Career Preparation classes assist students in the recognition of the importance of the relationship between self-knowledge, career planning and exploration. These classes teach students how to develop a resume, to prepare for interviews and to design job hunting strategies. This position may require working nights or weekend hours.
- Deliver learning-centered instruction in establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student participation by effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations and timeliness through carefully written topical outlines. Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered by approved standardized syllabus.
- Challenge, engage and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect.
- Prepare course materials and lessons to facilitate meaningful learning of course competencies and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment.
- Promote student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching students and engaging them in the learning process.
- Maintain paper or electronic record (i.e., spreadsheet or grade book) of each student's progress and has it available upon request by students and/or appropriate College personnel.
- Design, administer, and grade examinations to assess achievement of course objectives as identified in the syllabus and approved by the Academic Dean.
- Complete all end of term responsibilities, including submission of final grades, copies of exams, attendance records, and all other designated materials on a timely basis to the Academic Office.
- Consult with academic area chair or other appropriate College personnel on questions or issues involving course curricula, instructional strategies, and College policies and procedures.
- Respond to requests (e.g., from students, academic area chairs, department heads, committee chairs, Records Office) in a timely and thorough manner.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of three (3) years industry or business experience.
- Documented experience with active teaching and learning strategies in a community college, professional training or other higher education environment.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse professional, community, and student population.
- Ability and willingness to successfully interact with academic, business and regulatory personnel.
- Team player that is self-motivated with strong organizational and planning skills.
- Knowledge and skill in a variety of computer usage and software are required.
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who we are considering for an interview. Upload an unofficial copy of your transcript. If, chosen for the position your Official Transcripts will be required.
Reports To: Associate Dean, Center for Innovative Technology
Position Level: Adjunct
Compensation: $550 per contact hour
Job Category: Non-Bargaining
Contractual Affiliation: N/A
Exempt Classification: Nonexempt
Equal Opportunity Employer ~ Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!