- Adjunct - Business Technologies
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Adjunct - Marketing/Management
Overview: Cincinnati State Technical and Community College invites applications for an adjunct faculty position for the Business and Marketing Management programs. Qualified candidates will need to teach college-level courses to our technical, transfer degree and non-degree seeking students in our Business Division in the area of Marketing and Management. Responsibilities will include instructing students and providing relevant class/lab experiences. Instruction may take place in a classroom or via distance or online learning web portals and on a variety of campuses.
- Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons. Note preparation time will vary based on instructor experience in teaching that course.
- Deliver learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Provide students with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through an approved, standardized syllabus.
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
- Maintain an electronic record on Blackboard of each student's progress and have it accessible to students.
- Design, administer, and grade assignments, quizzes, exams, etc. to assess achievement of course objectives.
- Complete grade books, final grade sheets, learning assessments and final exam assessments on a timely basis.
- Complete as directed all end of term responsibilities, including submission of final grades, copies of exams, attendance records, and all other designated materials to the Academic Office.
- Consult with the program chair or other appropriate college personnel on questions or issues involving course curricula, instructional strategies, and college policies and procedures.
- Respond to requests (e.g., from students, academic area chairs, department heads, committee chairs, records office) in a timely and thorough manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Management or Marketing or closely related discipline
- At least three (3) years management or marketing industry experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to act effectively as a member of a team. Ability to interact successfully with academic as well as business and regulatory personnel.
- Master's degree
- Previous teaching experience
- Five (5) years' industry experience
- Experience with Blackboard or other learning management system
- Experience working with individuals from diverse academic backgrounds and life experiences.
- Full commitment to the mission and values of Cincinnati State Technical and Community College.
- Demonstrates success and commitment as a team player.
- Utilizes constructive feedback as an opportunity for growth and handles conflict and criticism effectively.
- Ability to create a positive learning environment that is respectful and promotes the interests of students first, while setting appropriate expectations for student growth and success.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
- Ability to perform duties without continued direct supervision
- Ability to learn from students' participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual
Position Available: Varies by semester
Compensation: $550 per contact hour for new adjuncts
Contractual Affiliation: N/A
Exempt Classification: Non-Exempt
Status: Part time
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who are being considered for an interview. Please be assured that we will keep your resume on file.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!