- 11-Jan-2023 to Until Filled (AKST)
- Information Services
- Anchorage, AK, USA
- per year DOE
- Full Time
Comprehensive NRECA Benefits
Manage and oversee the day-to-day IS operations of the Service Desk which includes coordinating and overseeing desktop support, mobile device provisioning, licensing management, and software delivery. Identify priorities for IS resources, coordinate with Association personnel on operational and project initiatives, and resolve conflicts regarding such issues.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of the IS Help Desk.
- To oversee, procure, and monitor the Association's software and desktop hardware licensing
- To manage employees through work direction, motivation, training, assistance, performance evaluation and corrective action.
- Partner with other IS Managers to lead the technology direction for the Association.
- Participate in overall budget preparation with management team to identify yearly objectives, action plans and special projects affecting budgetary needs.
- Develop standards and audit procedures to meet compliance requirements and SLAs
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies; work collaboratively with peer managers to develop deployment strategies and ensure human resources are allocated to effectively perform the work
- VP, Information Services, Reports to, receives direction and guidance from
- IS Managers: Coordinates activities with and provides information to
- Manager, Supervisors and staff: Coordinates activities with and provides information to
- Mentors staff for professional development
- Bargaining Unit Representatives
- Software, hardware, and contract vendors
- Thorough understanding of desktop and mobile technologies, operating systems, and software delivery systems
- Knowledge of IS troubleshooting practices and procedures
- Understanding of the planning, risks and issues involved in coordinating, implementing and integrating Information Technology solutions
- Knowledge of financial planning and budgeting practices
- Organization skills and project tracking abilities
- Logical reasoning and critical thinking skills, teamed with effective and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong focus and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage customer and vendor relationships
This position has the supervisory responsibility for the Lead Support Specialists & PC Support Specialist.
Work is performed in a standard office environment, with occasional weekend and evening work. Some travel to alternate sites may be required, including sites accessible by fixed wing aircraft. Occasional out of town travel.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology or related field, required.
ITIL or related IT certification, preferred.
Five (5) years' experience in an Information Technology environment performing help desk or system administration, required. Three (3) years supervisory experience, preferred.
Additional IT experience can be substituted for degree requirement.