- 31-May-2022 to Until Filled (AKST)
- Member Services
- Anchorage, AK, USA
For Health Benefit costs and Union Dues, please call the IBEW at 907-272-6571
Chugach Electric Association is recruiting for a TEMPORARY Customer Service Representative(CSR).
The CSR position will interact with customers via phone and in person by responding to consumer requests, receiving payments, creating connect/disconnect orders and other services as requested.
To be considered for this position, please complete the on-line application . Please include a resume and cover letter describing how your qualifications and experience relate to this position by the closing date on the posting. (Incomplete applications and those without a resume will not be considered.)
- Processes, in person and by telephone, member service requests such as connect and disconnect orders.
- Answers telephone and correspondence inquiries by members.
- Maintains customer information system by gathering and updating active member account information.
- Operates the switchboard and acts as a receptionist to direct callers and visitors when needed.
- Operates the meter reading and billing interface, reviews applicable reports and intitiates action as needed.
- Receives and processes consumer payments made in person or by mail.
- Researches and completes general requests from members regarding payments, refunds and capital credits.
- Reviews, researches, resolves and provides answers to general billing inquiries including billing adjustments and billing corrections.
- Performs the duties of lower classifications as assigned.
- Cross-trains with other Member Service Representatives as assigned.
- Work is conducted in a standard office environment. Some overtime may be required.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Knowledge of basic office technologies including 10 key calculators with accuracy, copiers, fax machines and telephones.
- Prior office experience with public contact is preferred. Some computer training is desired.
- Required to type 35 net words per minute. Testing will be done at Chugach Electric.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Must have good communication skills and a service oriented attitude.
This position is subject to the terms and conditions of the Office & Engineering Personnel Agreement between Chugach Electric Association, Inc., and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1547.