The Customer Service Representative is involved in all aspects of customer relations, from the initial contact to assisting with inquiries, and problems in service, billing, nonpayment, and final disconnection of the account. The Customer Service Representative also provides technical support for internet customers to help determine solutions. The Customer Service Representative provide support and assistance in the resolution of routine customer questions/problems with company products/services, and some maintenance of service order/trouble tickets.
This is a Part-Time position with hours of 9 am to 3 pm Monday thru Friday.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are presentative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned or be changed.
- Good understanding of company products/services
- Communication on day-to-day service problems with subscribers including business customer support, residential customer support, and installation/repair inquiries and set-up
- Assists with account and billing inquiries and follows up with new customers to verify account information
- Requests follow-up information from customers regarding their perceived satisfaction with service performance
- Assists with collections/contacting customers on nonpayment of bills
- Through Trouble Tickets assists other departments in resolving customer problems
- Provides systems support for customer products and services including: troubleshooting, diagnosing, resolving, and documenting
- Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customers to appropriate next level of technical support personnel in alignments with established company procedures.
- Maintains and updates records in company systems and alerts managements to emerging trends in incidents, problems or issues
- Responsible for the distribution of mail, messages, documents and packages
- Responsible for receiving cash, checks, and credit card transactions from customers, recording accurate transaction amount and daily balancing of payments
- Provides assistance as required by other departments to promote customer satisfaction for all services provided, or any other responsibilities required by the Office Manager
- Work in a team-based environment with the ability to function with independent discretion
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of company rates, procedures, cash transactions accounting procedures and service offerings
- Basic understanding of telecommunication terminology, subscriber concerns, and changes in the marketplace
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills; customer focused and results oriented attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to coordinate and work with others
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent.
The usual work environment is typical of an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to site, see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must expect to occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to thirty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with no material or weather-related hazards.