Supports company operations by applying various levels of skill to implement all services offered to customers.
- Locate lines in accordance with OKIE request
- Construction of new line service to home
- Performs installation, removal, rearrangement, maintenance and repair of ADSL lines including but not limited to working on CPE (Customer PC).
- Performs installs, removal, rearrangement, maintenance and repair of IPTV circuits including home networking, attic work, setting up customers CPE (TV's-DVD-surround sound) to work with our STB's.
- Assists in the implementation and updating of plant records and plant maps.
- Performs field verification of existing facilities as needed to maintain accurate records and maps.
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledgeable of OKIE line requests, Knowledgeable of Phone/DSL installation process,
- Knowledge of internet speeds
- Willing to promote Process Improvement
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to perceive differences in color as well as to distinguish audible tones/levels
- Must have clean driving record
- Must be able to lift/carry at least 75 pounds
- Must be able to work any shift assigned, which may include overtime, emergency callouts, weekends and holidays.
- Requires high level of customer contact to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Essential functions include but are not limited to long periods of standing, bending stooping, and climbing (ladder).
- Must possess the knowledge, skill and ability to learn skills to operate sky lifts and/or bucket trucks, and obtain forklift certification
- Possess the knowledge, skill and ability to perform the above duties associated with the Outside Plant Tech position under minimum supervision.
- Ability to successfully complete formal training as required.
- Possess a valid Oklahoma/Texas Driver's License in addition to a Safe Driving Record
All candidates must successfully pass company required tests, pre-employment drug screening and a background check. In addition, candidates may be required to successfully pass a legally required Department of Justice (DOJ) Criminal Record Check (fingerprinting). Qualified candidates must have the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.