Cap'n Fish's Cruises is dedicated to providing our guests with fun, educational, and memorable experiences. Our core values are:
- Dedication- We care deeply about our work and we are dedicated to our team.
- Fun- While we take our jobs seriously, we don't take ourselves seriously. We provide our guests with a fun, safe, and memorable experience.
- Education- Our cruises allow everybody to fully appreciate the beauty of the Maine coastline and its wildlife.
The Captain provides a key role in the overall success of operation at Cap'n Fish's Cruises. Captains are responsible for managing a clean and safe vessel with a friendly and knowledgeable crew. How passengers perceive the vessel not only reflects on the ship and the staff itself but also the company as a whole.
- Minimum of 5 years experience acting as Master.
- Hold valid U.S.C.G. Masters license. Minimum of 100 gross tons, near coastal waters.
- Current Transportation Work Identification Credential (TWIC Card).
- CPR/First Aid Certified.
- FCC Marine Radio Operators Permit.
- Proficient in operation of twin engine vessels.
- Basic Knowledge of marine systems.
Objective & Purpose
- Take direction from and report to the Port Captain.
- Respect and follow all company guidelines.
- Maintain control of the vessel at sea and during berthing maneuvers.
- Maintain safe navigation of vessels at all time.
Core Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform daily checks of machinery.
- Ensure efficient and economical operation of the vessel.
- Oversee and manage the crew in accordance with their daily duties.
- Provide leadership for vessel crew. Give them feedback daily. Let them know if they are doing good work and let them know if there are areas where they can improve.
- Provide training as necessary.
- Perform daily bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Greet passengers and assist with boarding of the vessel.
- Be friendly and courteous with passengers.
- Conduct routine and periodic maintenance on the vessel as necessary.
- Maintain vessel log book.
- Conduct monthly safety drills with the crew under direction from the Port Captain.
- Provide educational and enthusiastic narration on various cruises when required.
- Conduct proper safety announcements on all cruises.
- Participate in a random drug testing program.
- Be willing to jump in and help out other members of the team as needed.
- Competitive Wages
- Opportunity for advancement
- 401k + company match
- Health, Dental, Vision benefits
- Housing for the right candidate
Cap'n Fish's Cruises is dedicated to providing you and your family with a fun, educational, and memorable experience.