FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Manages product costing and margin analysis for several brands of manufactured houses including options. Determines costing impact of product modifications and customizations. Provides costing estimates and maintains master model and option price files for quotation purposes of new business. Manages home configuration and standard costing systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains cost in Navision ERP system, creating bills of material for models and options, updating bills by exchanging new items being purchased for old items made obsolete, to provide accurate margin information for use by the General Manager and Controller for pricing decisions.
- Local Navision system maintenance (running system update programs, working with corporate office to implement updates or problem resolution, training others).
- Production floor audits of bills of material for models and options to verify and update Navision bills for as-built items and quantities.
- Maintenance of standard construction specifications for each brand.
- Approving all job orders prior to production.
- Interacts with other departments including Sales, Engineering, Materials, and Production.
- Track commodity costs to monitor the need to initiate or increase material surcharges.
- Ensures maintenance remains up to date to provide current margin information for models and options used to determine price adjustments.
- Maintains all models, options, and Navision price files with approved prices for quoting.
- Assists with the quarterly physical inventory count and valuation.
- Maintains standard costing system and manages purchase price variances.
- Assists controller with accounting as it relates to inventories (raw, WIP, finished goods, and cost-of-goods sold, valuations and reserves).
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Must have leadership and organizational skills with the drive to excel and perform at the next level.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgement or adopt or modify methods and standards to meet assigned duties/objectives.
- Must be able to research and problem solve, devise solutions and recommendations, and report on findings.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as square and lineal footages, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume, as it pertains to costing.
- Must have advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a minimum of 2 years related experience preferred.
- Accounting and Costing experience in a manufacturing industry preferred.
- Experience with Navision or other ERP systems is a plus.
- Manufactured housing or construction industry knowledge helpful.
Skyline Champion Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.