Job Title: Product Lifecycle Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: The Product Lifecycle Manager will be responsible for managing our Product Lifecycle Management process within the Company. This position will facilitate and track product development from concept through production. This position supports all PLM users, conducts ongoing training, and helps facilitate PLM tasks across functional departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Product Brands across multiple operations to ensure coordinated specifications of assembly, materials, and decors are followed for models and options.
- The Product Lifecycle Manager would direct meetings among operations producing specific Tiers of product to make decisions about new model introductions. Changes to Standard and Optional Specifications will also be coordinated among the stakeholders.
- Product Lifecycle Manager would maintain the Vault of models, options, and specifications for one or more Tiers of Product.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Develop product roadmap and set priorities for product development projects
- Lead product development projects coordinating internal and external resources
- Coordinate new product introductions with Marketing Team.
- Conduct product profitability reviews
- Develop and manage competitive analysis process
- Follow and stay current on market trends and new technologies
- Manage product discontinuation
- Implement changes in products and processes for the team and the organization
- Facilitate effective and collaborative interaction with people from other departments in the business
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Five or more years of experience in product management, product marketing or product engineering.
- Experience in project management and new product introduction
- Experience in Staff Management, Evaluation and Promotion.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgement and recommend alternative methods and standards to meet assigned duties/objectives.
- Must have attention to detail and the ability to research and problem solve, devise solutions and recommendations, and report on findings.
- Experience in home construction and/or manufacturing preferred
- Experience with the systematic tracking of as-built material content as it develops through the configuration of complex orders is desirable.
- Must have advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Teams.
Location and travel:
This position will be based at the Corporate Office in Troy, MI. The selected candidate will need to provide training and the implementation of best practices on site at our US and Canadian manufacturing locations and through remote sessions. This position will require up to 25% travel.