- Full Time
Champion Homes offers excellent benefits at competitive rates which includes medical, dental, vision, company sponsored life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, as well as additional life coverage for employees, spouse, and dependents. Champion also offers a 401K plan and a company match.
Summary Champion Home Builders, Inc., a North American leader in Manufactured Housing is seeking an EHS Manager. This position reports to the Director of Risk Management. This remote opportunity will report to our headquarters in Troy, MI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Previous experience with Robotic Industry Association (RIA) standards and/or performing RIA Risk Assessments is mandatory.
- Develop, implement and maintain safety and environmental programs in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration and EPA regulations.
- Participates in planning and implementing changes in production methods, equipment in compliance with safety and environmental standards.
- Inspects organization facilities to detect any existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Educate employees in safety and environmental requirements, safety processes, and procedures.
- Reviews incident investigations, reports and completes follow uproot cause remediation.
- Creates and leads safety and environmental training.
- Coordinates the industrial hygiene monitoring for noise, air, vapor, etc.
- Obtains, maintains, and ensures compliance with environmental approvals permits, plans, and reporting for RCRA, DOT, SWP2, SPCC, and EPA.
- Understands all safety and environmental hazards of chemicals, raw materials that are handled/stored at Champion facilities.
- Reviews and monitors current SDS's and reviews SDS's of new chemicals introduced to Champion.
- Monitors and advises Plant Safety Committees, Safety Team, and Responder Teams
- Bachelor's degree in safety, environmental, industrial hygiene, or other related areas.
- 5 or more years EHS experience in a manufacturing environment, woodworking preferred.
- Be able to travel 75% and ability to traverse through manufacturing plants.
- Manufacturing equipment risk assessment and hazard recognition experience are required.
- Must be proficient with OSHA, NFPA, DOT, EPA, and applicable ANSI standards as related to woodworking.
- Familiar and have experience with OSHA citation and remediation process.
- Familiar with EPA, RCRA, and other environmental standards as related to manufacturing
- Professional certification in safety or environmental field preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Dupont behavior-based STOP program.
- Effective communication skills and ability to openly seek information and apply it in an appropriate fashion. Written, verbal, report writing, and group facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with operations, engineering, and internal and external resources.
- Experience in automated manufacturing
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Effective interpersonal skills to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Schedule flexibility to meet the needs of manufacturing
- Positive, solution-focused approach.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, traverse stairs, stoop and bend. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Champion Home Builders is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.