- Topeka, IN, USA
- $12 base + $3 production bonus
- Full Time
Holiday/Vacation Pay, Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, 401K, 401k Match, Flexible Spending
Help support a great production team!
Champion Home Builders, Inc.
Job Title: Material Handler
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Summary Receives, stores, and issues hand tools, materials, and equipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Issues tools and equipment to employees and maintains records of tools and equipment issued and returned.
- Locates lost or misplaced tools and equipment.
- Prepares periodic inventory or maintains perpetual inventory of tools and equipment.
- Receives, unpacks, and stores incoming tools and supplies, and notifies supervisor of inventory shortages.
- Issues tools, equipment and supplies and reports tool damage to supervisors.
- Repairs, services, and lubricates tools and equipment.
- Marks and identifies tools and equipment.
- Is assigned to perform other temporary duties on a regular basis.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Interpersonal Skills - Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
Education and/or Experience
High school education or GED; or up to one-month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.