- Troy, MI, USA
- Full Time
401k plan with company match, paid vacation, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
This role will play a key role in Champion Homes technology modernization and strategic growth initiatives. The Sr. IT Security Engineer will contribute to implementing and maintaining the Company's security environments, including on-premises and cloud-based systems. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented with a strong understanding of and demonstrated experience architecting and implementing security technologies. They should also have experience designing and managing these environments for compliance and security requirements and leveraging automation in testing, deployment, and maintenance activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will bring a business-oriented focus to solving business problems using security technologies - thinking about Champion business users and end-customers first.
- Identify and monitor organizational systems both cloud and on-prem for security issues
- Investigate cybersecurity incidents and provide necessary support for incident response processes
- Work with security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Work collaboratively with applications, networking, development, infrastructure teams to ensure environments are optimized for security activities
- Continuously identify improvements to the efficient and effective use of security resources to meet strategic objectives
- Work with project managers, business analysts, and business owners to confirm developed solutions align with existing standards, meet security controls, and align to security best practices
- Contribute to go-live and cutover activities and post-go-live warranty support activities as need to ensure successful transition of new security environments and technologies to production operations
- Perform analysis and assist in resolving performance and availability issues affecting internal business users and key external stakeholders where appropriate
- Design and implement proactive monitoring, alerting, trend analysis and self-healing systems across on-prem and cloud environments
- Design, develop, and implement best practices for disaster recovery and business continuity in a on-prem and cloud environment
- Participate in incident management processes, driving service restoration, and learning from past issues
- Provide technical support to end-users in co-operation with the helpdesk support
- Research and keep current on the evolution of security technologies and how they can be leveraged to optimize business capabilities in the future
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
Education, Training and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Cyber Security and 8-10 years' of applicable experience within Cybersecurity
- Understanding and previous implementation of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, EDR, SOAR, IDPS, PAM/IAM concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
- Develop and recommend policies, standards and procedures that follow statutory and regulatory requirements that cover internal and external parties, physical security systems, internet, and computer systems.
- Monitor and respond to regulatory developments and industry best practices in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and assist with the selection of security partners and security technologies
- Interest in constantly keeping current of latest trends, best practices, and competitive activity
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out complex instruction furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: ability to communicate with all levels, ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, write clearly and informatively in various formats
- Able to organize work, self-manage time, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team and does not wait for direction.
- Able to prioritize multiple projects and lead project-focused teams
- Demonstrates a reliable, dependable, and trustworthy work ethic
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks
- Open to maintaining a flexible schedule, including working additional or alternative hours to meet deadlines as well as being apart of after hours on-call support
WORK LOCATION AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness to travel to regional business offices, manufacturing facilities, and other locations as required - Up to 25% travel
- Remote work is acceptable with periodic travel to core locations for engagement and interaction with key stakeholders and leadership
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Champion Homes. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.