- Troy, MI, USA
- Full Time
Champion Homes offers excellent benefits at competitive rates which includes medical, dental, vision, company sponsored life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, as well as additional life coverage for employees, spouse, and dependents. Champion also offers a 401K plan and a company match.
Summary: The Director - Cost Accounting will provide Cost Accounting leadership for a team of corporate and plant-based cost accounting professionals. The Cost Accounting team works with plant operations as well as the corporate accounting and finance teams to drive costing oversight, compliance and analytics for manufacturing and program management. The Director - Cost Accounting will play a key role in the implementation of new technology that will improve business processes and the fidelity of financial data, including directing the activities for migration to the Oracle Cloud ERP system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring, as well as ensure consistent application of cost accounting principles across the manufacturing plants.
- Maintain the Bill of Materials manual to include best practices to be used to properly structure and create bills of material.
- Define and help implement auditing best practices to ensure bills of material use current items and that quantities are accurate.
- Ensure the cost accounting team provides adequate assistance in the preparation of product pricing.
- Oversee the design and implementation of the cost accounting function in Oracle Cloud ERP, including the rollout to multiple manufacturing plants.
- Prepare status reporting on the costing team's progress toward attaining company goals and compliance with policy and procedures.
- Assist accounting with the development and implementation of procedures to allow accurate financial posting of monthly material consumption without a physical inventory.
- Lead the expansion of the use of ERP functionality to streamline processes and increase the visibility of operational results.
- Develop new, robust processes to drive productivity and continuous improvement in the cost accounting function.
- Lead the strategic direction of the cost accounting function for the organization.
- Mentor, train and develop a staff of cost accounting professionals including conducting goal setting, performance evaluations and career development.
- Prepare ad hoc reporting and analyses, assist with research on cost accounting questions and special projects as requested.
- A Bachelor's Degree in accounting, engineering or a related field, with a working knowledge of the shared financial information provided by the various disciplines in an ERP manufacturing environment is required.
- Ten or more years of experience developing and maintaining bills of material in a manufacturing environment using an ERP software application, preferably Oracle Cloud.
- Must have leadership and organizational skills with the ability to build teams and direct others to complete assigned tasks.
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgement and recommend alternative methods and standards to meet assigned duties/objectives.
- Must have attention to detail and the ability to research and problem solve, devise solutions and recommendations, and report on findings.
- Experience in home construction preferred
- Experience with the systematic tracking of as-built material content as it develops through the configuration of complex orders is desirable.
- Must have advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Location and travel:
This position will be based at the Corporate Office in Troy, MI. The selected candidate will need to provide training and the implementation of best practices on site at our US and Canadian manufacturing locations and through remote sessions. This position will require up to 20% travel.