- Navasota, TX, USA
- Full Time
401k plan with company match, paid vacation, paid holidays, medical (3 plans to choose from), Rx, dental, vision, life insurance, company paid STD/LTD, and many more benefits
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: High energy individual responsible for coordinating the training and onboarding of new employees as well as the ongoing training of existing employees; additionally responsible for employee recognition, including birthdays, Champion Home Builder anniversaries, and other occasions for recognition by the plant as a whole; responsible for coordination, planning, and implementation of all-plant events such as parties, picnics, and other all-plant events as indicated by the General Manager.
ABOUT CHAMPION HOME BUILDERS, INC
For decades, Champion has served as a leader in the manufactured housing industry and one of the largest mobile and modular home builders in North America. Champion offers many factory-built solutions, from single-family and multi-family homes to commercial and government buildings. Our manufactured homes, modular homes, mobile homes, park models and commercial modular buildings can be found throughout the United States and western Canada.
Throughout the organization, we act with integrity and respect. We take pride in our craftsmanship and build strong relationships with our communities, customers, suppliers, and our employees. We know that we would not be successful without our team. In return for hard work and dedication, our goal is to provide a safe, productive, and enjoyable workplace for every employee as well as financial stability for their family.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and integrate plant specific portions of the Champion Onboarding Program into the Power Point presentation provided by the Corporate Training Department. Update the program as needed / as training opportunities arise within the Plant.
- Teach the in class portion of the Champion Onboarding Program, including facilitating conversations with training groups about the material contained therein; conduct a basic plant tour on day one; and coordinate with the Plant Safety Coordinator (or designee) and the Production Manager / Quality Control Manager (or designee) for additional tours on days two and three about Safety and Quality.
- Follow up with new employees and their Supervisors to ensure that the mentoring / partner training process is occurring, and that the new employee is receiving the in line training and support needed in their new position.
- Ensure that the first day, first week, second week, third week, fourth week, and eighth week questionnaires are completed. Assist in the preparation of the ninety day evaluation as needed. Devise a method of tracking the completion of these questionnaires.
- Track retention throughout the ninety day training period and provide data to the General Manager and / or Production Manager monthly or as requested.
- Be responsible for the on-going training of existing employees as needed, including using the Champion Supervisory Training materials to train / complete the training of individuals on the Management and Supervisory Teams.
- Create and publish communications for the plant, including a monthly newsletter, job posting flyers, event flyers, birthday cards, and other communication materials as needed.
- Be responsible for assisting in planning and implementing all-plant events such as parties, picnics, and other events as needed.
- Be responsible for Employee Recognition for events such as Birthdays, Champion Anniversaries, and other team accomplishments as needed. Ensure that any related gifts are acquired and given.
- Must be a positive high energy, enthusiastic, professional person with a passion for helping others to succeed
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be have be proficient in Power Point and able to learn other presentation software
- Must be able to augment the Champion Onboarding Program with plant specific teaching material utilizing power point, word documents and excel.
- Must have the ability to create both written and visual documentation to support the Onboarding curriculum.
- Must have exceptionally high quality standards.
- Must have strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgement and adopt or modify methods to meet assigned duties/objectives.
- Must learn to read shop drawings and Champion production tickets and teach others how to read and interpret those documents.
- Must learn the basics of how to read the Champion Homes DAPIA and the ability to teach others to read and use it.
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
High School Diploma accepted, degree in education or similar preferred
5 plus years of experience in a teaching or training in any industry OR 2 plus years of experience in manufactured housing with experience in training others on the job
Champion Home Builders is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.