- Pembroke, NC, USA
- Full Time
Standard benefits, company sponsored STD, LTD, and Life insurance as well as 401k match. Plant Mgr bonus plan
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary Directs and controls the administration of a manufacturing plant. Plans, develops and implements goals in conformance with operational procedures and authorities given by the regional and/or corporate office. Directly responsible for profits/losses of the manufacturing plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates activities of divisions or departments such as operating, manufacturing, engineering, planning, sales, maintenance, or research and development, to effect operational efficiency and economy.
- Analyzes the effectiveness of operation and take prompt corrective action. Reviews Customer Satisfaction Investigation reports and service backlogs. Takes corrective action as needed.
- Analyzes division or department budge requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made, and allocates operating budget. Reviews shipments of homes and accounts receivables t insure a consistent cash flow and reduction or elimination of past due accounts.
- Insure that operation conforms to local and national government regulations.
- Plans and develops growth of the operation. Looks for opportunities to expand. Does market evaluation of competitors.
- Reviews manufacturing Continuous Improvement processes with CI Manager and Production Supervisors. Evaluates progress and appropriate actions needed.
- Confers with administrative personnel and reviews activity, operating, and sales reports to determine changes in programs or operations required.
- Promotes organization in industry, manufacturing or trade associations.
Directly supervises six Supervisors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must have analytical skills and the ability to synthesize complex or diverse information
- Must have the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to respond promptly to customer needs
- Must have passion and optimism, and the ability to inspire respect and trust among employees
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Must live the Champion Operating Principles
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in manufacturing/modular housing desired
Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time annually.
Champion Home Builders is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.