Job Title: Mobile Home Toter
FLSA Status: 1099 Contract position
Prepared By: Recruiting Department
Reports to: Star Fleet Trucking Terminal Manager
Star Fleet Trucking Lease-on Details:
- Truck Financing Available
- $2500 Sign-on Bonus for Mobile Home Toter
- Must maintain lease for a minimum of 90 days
- Actively run (9 trips or 9,000 miles)
- No claims
Job Summary: Manufactured houses are transported with heavy duty Semi-trucks from the factory to the retailer or customer's site. Due to the over-sized dimensions of the houses, they require one or two escort vehicles depending on the state. Before leasing on to Star Fleet Trucking as an owner-operator, you will need to provide:
- A properly registered and inspected single or tandem drive Toter truck
- A four- or six-way ball hitch and pintle hitch
- Warning lights and hook up for house
- Spare tire rack
- Extended mirrors
- Fire extinguisher and safety triangles
- Safety Chains
- Minimum 12-gauge wire of at least 100'
- Annual legalization fee
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Star Fleet Trucking works diligently to provide a quality service that will meet or exceed our customer's expectations. As an independent contractor seeking mobile home hauling, you will be responsible for the following:
- Safety - This is number one. Independent contractors must adhere to the rules of the road. Additionally, each house should be delivered in the same condition as when it left the factory.
- Promptness - Deliveries should arrive at their destination at the agreed upon time.
- Professionalism - Independent contractors should always present themselves in a professional and courteous manner to manufacturers and retailers.
- Availability - While there is no forced dispatch, independent contractors should make themselves available for dispatch as consistently as possible for the most potential earnings and Star Fleet's reputation for dependability.
- Federal Requirements - Independent contractors must comply with all requirements related to vehicle inspections, driver physicals, drug testing, driver logging, licensing, registration, and insurance.
- Passport - Star Fleet transports some shipments into Canada. Independent contractors traveling into Canada will be required to have a valid passport.
- 25 years of age
- No more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years or no more than 2 moving violations in the last year.
- No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years or no more than 1 preventable accidents in any one-year period.
- No record of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- No indication of disregard for public safety. No habitual offender convictions.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test screening.
These documents must be made available before approval:
- Driver's license
- Social security card
- Valid DOT physical (long form and certificate)
- Title and registration for equipment
- Valid DOT inspection (with paid receipt) within last six months
- Proof of commercial liability insurance
Education and/or Experience
- CDL Class A License
- Must have at least 6 months of verifiable manufactured housing and/or oversize driving experience