- 28-May-2021 to Until Filled (PST)
- West Hollywood, CA, USA
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Controller is responsible for all accounting and business office policies and procedures. The Controller ensures strong internal controls and effective transaction processing routines to protect the assets of the school and that result in meaningful, timely and accurate financial reporting. The Controller interacts closely with all constituents of the School and communicates information to parents, faculty and staff members. The Controller has a broad knowledge of all aspects of business office operations and reports to the Director of Finance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manages the accounting systems of the school, including the general and sub- ledgers, and other related accounting functions. Provides accurate and timely financial and management reports.
- Coordinates with the Advancement office for the proper accounting of fundraising and the reconciliation between Raiser's Edge and Financial Edge
- Reconciles the Accounts Receivable Ledger to the General Ledger and all Student Billing related revenue accounts.
- Post the billing and cash journal entries into GL. Post payroll deductions into SMART and reconcile all related billing and discount accounts
- Oversees and approves Journal Entries
- Supervises the AP process and the weekly check run functions. Upload positive pay files to the bank
- Develops, documents, and maintains adequate accounting and financial procedures, including effective and thorough use of accounting software package. Serves as accounting software in-house expert, attending training classes, and maintaining the system including the chart of accounts.
- Assigns and oversees reconciliation of all General Ledger accounts, maintaining a monthly and quarterly reconciliation schedule.
- Provides support and information to faculty, staff and parents regarding business and accounting operations.
- Assists Director of Finance in monitoring the annual operating budget. Prepares variance reports as requested. Assists HR Director with data analysis of payroll and benefit costs.
- Coordinates preparation of schedules and documents for the annual audit.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, tax filings, professional standards and internal policies.
- Keeps abreast of the latest FASB pronouncements and changing accounting standards.