- 06-Jun-2021 to Until Filled (PST)
- West Hollywood, CA, USA
- Full Time
SUMMARY: Working with the facilities team, performs a variety of mechanical tasks in the repair, servicing and general maintenance of the school physical plant and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring, systems, and fixtures in buildings.
- Installs conduits and pipes to house electrical wires and cables.
- Ensures piping complies with electrical codes.
- Installs circuit breakers and other electrical hardware and connects wiring to them.
- Connects electrical systems to powerlines to provide electricity to the building.
- Tests electrical systems to ensure proper installation and operation.
- Inspects electrical systems to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Replaces conduit and wiring as needed.
- Replaces circuit breakers as needed.
- Unlocks school and inspects condition of facility, reporting daily to manager.
- Prepares school for daily opening and assists with set up for school activities and meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems and wiring.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Proficient in the use of test meters and other diagnostic equipment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Plan projects from start to finish. Develop list of materials to complete projects and process materials needed through purchase order.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide; interpret graphs; compute ratio and percent, adhere to a budget, and use a calculator.
- Ability to use computer technology to input data, control systems and send e-mail.
- Constructs, repairs and maintains items such as furniture, equipment partitions and other parts of the school buildings, using hand and power tools according to oral and written instructions.
- Performs necessary preventative maintenance to all machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Complies with all applicable school, fire and safety rules and regulations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship and valid electricians license required.
- Five years of experience in installing, repairing and maintaining electrical equipment up to 420 Volts 3 phase
- Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
- Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding.
- Must be physically capable of pulling wires and cables through conduits.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Assists in installing, inspection and repair of HVAC and refrigeration equipment. Answer all calls related to electrical and electrical mechanical systems.
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS: Demonstrates personal integrity, friendliness, patience, fairness, openness, non-defensiveness, sensitivity, flexibility and enthusiasm. Displays courtesy with faculty, staff, parents, students and visitors; works in a cooperative manner to fulfill the goals of the school.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret written documents, write reports and keep systems data. Ability to verbally present information and respond to colleagues, suppliers and supervisors and speak and write in response to questions.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Ability to use simple and complex hand and power tools and machines. Must have electrical and Mechanical skills. Must know basic water chemistry. Ability to use computer technology to input data, control systems and send e-mail.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and apply common sense in dealing with every day and emergency situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Facilities Electrician encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to moderate to noisy.