- 06-Jun-2021 to Until Filled (PST)
- West Hollywood, CA, USA
- Full Time
SUMMARY: Working with the maintenance team, performs a variety of cleaning and janitorial tasks in the servicing and general maintenance of the school throughout each day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Following written and oral instructions, inspects, cleans and maintains school facilities using school equipment.
- Maintains and ensures general cleanliness and safety of all interior and exterior areas, including classrooms, conference rooms, eating areas, restrooms, storage rooms by emptying trash, cleaning floors, disinfecting surfaces, replenishing supplies, and organizing school supplies in various areas.
- Cleans finishes to protect surfaces, trimmings, fixtures, and equipment.
- Supports the Facilities Maintenance staff with painting, repairs, and moving school items.
- Supports Physical Education department with equipment set up.
- Performs painting work as needed.
- Prepares the school for daily opening.
- Assists with and coordinates set ups for school programs and meetings. Supports as necessary curricular, extracurricular, special events, campus rentals, and evening events occurring after the school day.
- Responsible for regular inventory, storage and maintenance of cleaning supplies.
- Complies with all applicable school, fire and safety rules and regulations.
- Responsible for disarming and or alarming all buildings daily at the start of the shift or once cleaning crew work is complete.
- Displays courtesy with faculty, staff, parents, students and visitors; works in a cooperative manner to fulfill the goals of the facilities department and the school.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: One year of experience in maintenance required; High school graduate or equivalent. Valid California Driver's license.
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS: Personal integrity, friendliness, patience, fairness, openness, non-defensiveness, sensitivity, flexibility and enthusiasm.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret written documents, write reports and keep systems data. Ability to verbally present information and respond to colleagues, suppliers and supervisors and speak and write in response to questions.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide; interpret graphs; compute ratio and percent, prepare and adhere to a budget, and use a calculator.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Ability to use simple and complex hand and power tools and machines. Comfort with use of technology.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and apply common sense in dealing with every day and emergency situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a General Maintenance Worker to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, climb, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Employee must be able to respond to emergency situations. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a General Maintenance worker encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to moderate to noisy. May be required to work nights and weekends.