- Wasilla, AK, USA
- 16-22.00 per hour
- Full Time
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Job Title: Medical Receptionist
General Summary of Duties: Responsible for day-to-day operations of the front desk, including both check in and check out.
Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer & Front Desk Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Warmly welcomes and greets all patients and visitors, whether in person or by phone.
- Registers new patients and updates existing patient demographics by collecting detailed patient information including personal, financial, and insurance information.
- Facilitates patient flow by accurately checking in patients, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff.
- Explains financial requirements to the patients or responsible parties and collects copays/patient responsibilities as required.
- Promptly and professionally answers telephone calls. Triages and routes call appropriately, offering voice mail, messaging, or redirection of calls as needed. Document all patient phone interactions. Responds to voicemails and messages in a timely manner.
- Performs scanning and indexing tasks daily as required.
- Prepares required patient forms in a timely manner.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone according to policies and guidelines.
- Performs opening and closing tasks as assigned by management.
- Maintains a professional demeanor in all interactions with patients, providers, and staff members.
- Maintains work area in a clean and professional manner.
- Complies with all HIPAA/OSHA standards.
- Perform other related duties as directed or assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years medical office experience preferred
- Knowledge of clinic policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance practices.
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to type, review and edit reports, documentation, and correspondence.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and reconcile figures, and make changes accurately.
- Skill in operating office equipment
- Skill in handling paperwork/filing adequately.
- Skill in handling incoming phone calls and triaging appropriately.
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- Skill in gathering, interpreting, and reporting insurance information.
- Ability to type 45 words per minute using word-processing software. Able to learn/use other computer programs including Microsoft® Excel, e-mail, and Internet.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with physicians and other staff.
- Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
Work Environment: Work performed in office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and patients. May require working under stressful conditions.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Manual dexterity for office machine operation including computer and calculator; stooping, bending to handle files and supplies, mobility to complete deliveries, or sitting for extended periods of time. Stress can be triggered by multiple staff demands and deadlines.