- Wasilla, AK, USA
- 18.00-22.00 $18.00 - $22.00
- Full Time
Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO,
Position: Medical Assistant
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
Pay range: $18.00-$22.00 per hour, depending on experience
Benefits: Health insurance, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, holiday pay
Algone Interventional Pain is looking for a medical assistant to join the team. The medical Assistants at Algone are responsible for providing professional care to clinic patients under the supervision of the clinician. Medical Assistants assist clinicians and staff in coordinating patient care. Functions as primary liaison between patients, staff, and clinicians.
General Medical Assistant Responsibilities/Tasks:
- Assess patient's general condition, take vital signs and weight.
- Maintain exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensure cleanliness. Prepare a list of medical supplies needed. Prepare equipment and aid physicians during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Facilitate education of patient/family about diagnostic procedures, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Greet patients and prepare them for physician examination. Screen patient for appropriate information. Instruct patient in the collection of samples and tests.
- Maintain/review patient records and scribe other pertinent information. Record tests and examination results in the patient's chart.
- Respond to/refer incoming patient treatment-related phone calls. Facilitate instruction to patient and family regarding medications and treatment.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Schedule referrals and tests as/if directed by the provider.
- Address pharmacy calls, order procedures, labs, and imaging per provider request
- Sanitize, restock, and organize exam rooms, procedure rooms, supply rooms, and clinical care areas.
- Perform other related duties as directed or required.
EDUCATION: High school diploma.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one-year Medical Assistant experience is preferred.
REQUIREMENTS: Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE: The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position.
- Knowledge of basic clinical principles and protocols.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to infection control, environmental safety, and patient confidentiality.
- Knowledge of medical chart reporting/records.
- Skill in appropriate assessment and assistance techniques.
- Skill in the appropriate use of universal precautions, safe workplace, and confidentiality methods.
- Skill in health information management by appropriately charting patient data.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with physicians and other staff.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interact with patients, families others in an empathetic, respectful, and friendly manner.
- Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize
- Ability to communicate clearly.
Medical Assistants can expect varied activities including standing, walking, reaching, bending, and lifting. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Must be able to use a variety of office equipment. Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds. May require working under stressful conditions.