Cedar Haven Healthcare Center is looking to expand our dietary team by seeking a full-time evening cook to prepare and serve food at our facility. Cedar Haven is a 324-bed skilled nursing facility that provides premier skilled nursing, short-term rehab, memory care, and hospice services in Lebanon, PA. We are looking for passionate, knowledgeable cooks who would enjoy a rewarding experience providing delicious food to our residents. Join our team!
Cook Position Summary
* The Cook prepares and serves food including texture modified and therapeutic diets according to the facility menu.
* Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, in line with our established policies and procedures, and, as may be directed by the Dining Services Director or Chef, to ensure that quality food service is provided at all times.
* The Cook assists in assuring proper receiving, storage, preparation, serving, sanitation, and cleaning procedures are followed.
* The Cook must be detail-oriented, well-groomed, act professionally and must be a team player who works well with others.
* The Cook must assist dietary aides as necessary, and, directs other employees with approval and in the absence of the Dining Services Director.
* The Cook strives to improve quality of life for our residents by preparing a healthy menu of enjoyable meals with excellence.
* A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Specialized training in foodservice is desirable. May be required to successfully complete an approved sanitation and safety course.
* Ability to read, speak and understand English, follow directions and complete tasks.
* Ability to follow time schedules for meal preparation and serving.
* Maintains a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance.
* Dependable, with experience working in facilities utilizing quantity food production methods.
* General knowledge and understanding of nutrition.
* Ability to read and accurately apply requirements of food tray cards.
* Ability to maintain records and complete reports as required.
* Written and oral communication skills.
* Knowledge of quantity food production and serving techniques, food safety/sanitation requirements and procedures.
* Ability to interact positively with residents, team-members, and the public.
* Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
Cedar Haven provides our dedicated employees with a competitive benefits package, including 3 health insurance plan options, vacation and sick days starting in the 4th month of employment, employer-paid life insurance for FT employees, bereavement, and more. Does this sound like the opportunity you've been looking for? Apply today!