- 31-Aug-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Chattanooga, TN, USA
- Part Time
Outstanding employees have always been a key to our success. It is the efforts of our employees that help us fulfill our mission of inspiring all children to explore, innovate, create and play. Employees also help us as we strive to reach our vision of making Chattanooga the best place for a child to grow up.
Imagine the work you perform will enrich the lives of children and staff. Being part of a team that is responsible for creating cleaner and healthier environments for our buildings and grounds. The Creative Discovery Museum is searching for a part-time Housekeeping Associate responsible for maintaining a clean and healthy environment throughout the museum.
- Complimentary parking provided by Creative Discovery Museum.
- Upon 90-days of employment, employees are eligible for a complimentary Family Plus membership and may purchase a half-price membership for family and friends while employed at the Museum.
- Collect and dispose of trash inside and outside of the facility
- Clean office areas and boardroom as requested
- Assist with set-up and take-down of tables and chairs for programs and facility rentals
- Clean and stock restrooms
- Clean, vacuum, sweep, and mop Museum
- Clean outside areas of the facility
- Clean spills and remove stains from carpet and floors
- Use proper PPE where required
- Assist with other facility duties as needed.
- High School degree preferred
- 2 years of experience as a custodian, janitor, or housekeeper is a plus but not required
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate and safe use of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Must maintain a friendly demeanor with guests and fellow employees
- Responsible, self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to differentiate between cleaning products and uses
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
Pay and Schedule:
Pay to start at $10/hour.
Part-time, hourly (24-28 hours a week schedule between 8 am to 5 pm.); weekend and holiday work required, advanced notice on any special events.