- Bridgeton, NJ, USA
- 40 hours per week
- Full Time
Superior Benefit Package, Health Insurance, Low Cost Dependent Coverage, Prescription Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Pension Plan, Vacation Time. Personal Time , and Sick Time
Dynamic Opportunity~ As a full-time, employee, working 40 hours per week, a Dual Diagnosis Specialist for the Program for Assertive Community Treatment PACT department, you would provide substance abuse assessments, education and counseling to clients, including crisis intervention and symptom assessment.
The Guidance Center~ is a primary mental health support agency, providing compassionate, professional care for individuals and families with mental health needs in the greater Cumberland County, NJ area. For more than 50 years, our non-profit organization of professionals, doctors, nurses, therapists, and support staff, has assisted the community in the diagnosis and treatment of all types of mental illness.
What does this position look like~ A Dual Diagnosis Specialist supports substance use recovery skills and promotes substance-free lifestyle. Provides assertive community outreach. Assists in referral process, especially to rehabilitation program. Participates in team meetings, including treatment planning and shares in the responsibility of the caseload and implementing the recovery plan including substance use reduction/abstinence skills towards maintaining wellness in the community. Utilizes a multidisciplinary team approach.
What you need to apply~
- A Bachelor's degree in a mental health related discipline from an accredited institution and appropriate credentials as a Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC), Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC), Certified MICA Specialist (CMS), Nationally Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (NCADC), Certified Drug Counselor (CDC), Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC), or Certified Alcohol Counselor (CAC).
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Two (2) years experience beyond certification in working with the chronically mentally ill and/or MICA consumers.
- Willingness to work a forty (40) hour flexible schedule per week, including some weekends and holidays
- Willingness to accept on-call rotation and to work as a team.
- Valid automobile driver's license with MVR which meets Agency standards.
- Bi lingual -Spanish speaking preferred
What we provide~
- Competitive Salary
- Superior Benefit Package
- Health Insurance
- Low Cost Dependent Coverage
- Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Vacation Time
- Personal Time
- Sick Time
- Employee discounts; auto, event tickets, insurance, wireless cell service and more.
- Additional compensation for bi lingual Spanish speaking candidates
The Guidance Center is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.