- Bridgeton, NJ, USA
- 25.00 per hour
- Part Time
Dynamic Opportunity~ As a part-time/PRN employee, working hours as needed, an Emergency Screener provides face-to-face emergency screenings/ evaluations/ crisis interventions to adults and children in the community and hospital.
The Guidance Center~ is a primary mental health support agency, providing compassionate, professional care for individuals and families with mental health needs in the greater Cumberland County, NJ area. For more than 50 years, our non-profit organization of professionals, doctors, nurses, therapists, and support staff, has assisted the community in the diagnosis and treatment of all types of mental illness.
What does this position look like~ Answers Hotline to assist with phone referrals, therapeutic interventions, and/or advises for face-to-face. Provides screening/ evaluation/ crisis stabilization. Documentation of all telephone contacts in the on-going log. Documentation of face-to-face contacts. Participates in training, supervision and employee development as recommended by the Director of the Program.
What you need to apply~
- Master's Degree in a mental health related field from an accredited institution plus one-year experience in a psychiatric setting, or a bachelor's degree in a mental health related field from an accredited institution plus three years' experience in mental health, one of which is in a crisis or acute care setting.
- Completion of NJDMHS Crisis Training Certification or eligible to take this examination.
- Valid automobile driver's license with MVR which meets agency standards.
- Able to work "flexible" hours.
What we provide~
- Additional compensation for qualified Spanish speaking candidates
- Employee discounts; auto, tickets, insurance, wireless cell service and more
The Guidance Center is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.