- Bridgeton, NJ, USA
- Full Time
Superior Benefit Package, Health Insurance, Low Cost Dependent Coverage, Prescription Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Pension Plan, Vacation Time ,,Personal Time , and Sick Time
What does this position look like~
A Peer Advocate holds a therapeutic role that provides in person and in the community interventions that support independent living and provides symptom management skills. Educates on skill building techniques and methods of self-care. Collaborates with multiple systems including in-patient psychiatric care, social services, social security, medical facilities etc. to decrease barriers to independent living. Teaches community integration skills including budgeting, independent transportation, household management, and socialization. Decisions regarding disclosure to consumer recipients of PACT services, their families, and significant others that a staff person is himself or herself a consumer shall respect the individual preference of that staff person, be clinically driven, and made in consultation with the PACT team. Participates in a team approach to implementation of evidence-based interventions. Participate in on-call response to service request after standard operating hours.
What you need to apply~
- Must identify as someone who is most challenged by the need to cope with a serious and persistent mental illness
- 2 years' experience in the provision of mental health services
- One of the following requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in a behavioral health science from an accredited institution, or
- An associate's degree in psychiatric rehabilitation , or
- volunteer or paid experience working with individuals with serious and persistent mental illness.
- Bilingual with Spanish speaking preferred.
- Valid automobile driver's license with MVR which meets agency standards.
The Guidance Center is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.