Works primarily and directly with the Compliance Officer to review banking regulations.
Implements regulations and testing of regulations to ensure bank compliance. Fully trained in the areas of compliance by assisting with monitoring and audits. Participates in making recommendations for corrections and/ or improvements of internal control system and regulatory procedure. Performs clerical duties as required for report compiling and preparation in the department of compliance. Requires contact with all CB&S personnel, and is at the bank holding company level.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews transactions, documents, records, reports, methods of internal controls, and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares written reports of compliance test results for the Audit/Compliance Committee.
- Prepares reports of compliance findings and make recommendations for the correction of unsatisfactory conditions or improvements.
- Performs audit tests as required by the compliance program/plan in all major areas of the bank in relation to regulations.
- Performs special projects as requested.
- Works closely with supervisors, department heads, outside auditors and examiners, the Board of Directors and Bank Presidents.
- Handles confidential information.
- Assists with compliance training for CB&S Bank as needed.
- Assists in maintaining loan registers for the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act and Community Reinvestment Act.
- Reviews adverse action notices for adherence to regulatory requirements and mails to applicants within required time frame.
- Communicates with Bank employees to address compliance related questions and concerns.
- Assists Compliance Officer, as needed, in maintaining compliance with OFAC and CIP and may be required to communicate with BSA Officer and Wire Department on such matters.
- Performs other duties as determined by Compliance Officer.
- Attends seminars and training to enhance and further education needed to perform the job.
- Willing to travel, both early and late hours, and occasionally requires an overnight stay.
- Assists in internal compliance training programs.
- Willing to work extra hours as needed.
- Assists in maintaining a current compliance resource library.
- Assists the compliance officer in community development requirements (CRA).
- Diverse banking experience.
- Proven knowledge of bank operations and policies.
- Verbal and written organizational and communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Demonstrates ability to interact with employees and external regulators.
- Knowledge of regulations within the banking industry.
- Interprets banking laws and regulations.
- Organizes and prioritizes in order to attain deadline.
- Ability to stand before a group to conduct training and discuss banking issues.
- Gathers and summarizes data for reports and make recommendations to address issues.
- Performs repetitive motion tasks, able to see, hear and talk.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Knowledge of office practices, procedure and use of office equipment.
- Knowledge of Office software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Clearly understands and interprets pertinent policies and regulations.
- Follows said policies and regulations.
- Performs duties in a timely and accurate manner in order to complete compliance annual programs.
- Performs work in a confidential manner.
- Honest and impartial.
- Alert in all job functions.
- Supports the bank's marketing efforts.
- Treats co-workers with respect and consideration.
- Promptly returns phone calls and messages.
- Acceptable attendance and reports to work in a timely manner.
- Conducts self in a professional manner.
- When greeting someone, stands, offers a hand, and calls them by name.
- Maintains a cheerful and positive attitude.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!