Manages the office area of the CEO, serving as administrator, secretary and receptionist. Provides assistance to the Board of Directors.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the transactions of CBS Banc-Corp stockholders in accordance with holding company bylaws and procedures.
- Updates and maintains stockholder accounts by processing new sell, and/or buy transactions and/or transfers of stock.
- Exercises dual control in coordination with Data Processing to prepare annual dividend checks.
- Promptly mails dividend checks, annual reports and 1099's.
- Prepares for annual stockholder's meeting by notifying all stockholders of meeting 10 days in advance; prepares proxies for mailing and coordinates arrangements for meeting.
- Drafts correspondence, memorandums, internal documents, etc., for the President/CEO and occasionally for the Chairman of the Board.
- Prepares for monthly Board of Directors meeting by compiling and preparing highly confidential information and various reports to be covered in the Board meeting.
- Prepares Excel spreadsheet for payment of attendance fees to CB&S Directors and CBS Banc-Corp Directors.
- Notifies Directors of meetings, makes arrangements for meetings, maintains schedule for meetings held and delivers packages to each Director in advance of the Board meeting.
- Attends Board of Directors meeting to record minutes and prepares official documentation for minute book.
- Records minutes of, the Executive Committee meetings and prepares official documentation for minute book.
- Maintains a corporate file of minutes along with the materials covered in each meeting.
- Responsible for following up on action of Board regarding policies and procedures and notifying appropriate personnel to assure that documentation is prepared and actions are implemented.
- Prepares and proofs correspondence for the President, prepare memorandums explains administrative policies and procedures to supervisors and managers, prepares meeting agendas and materials related thereto.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining official documents and records in appropriate files.
- Keeps informed of company policies and procedures; answers related internal and external questions within authority.
- Intercedes on President's behalf regarding customer complaints that may be resolved or refer to proper person; Follows up to see that problem was resolved.
- Independent judgment must be used to plan, prioritize, organize diversified workload, and recommend changes in office practice or procedures.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences, and department activities.
- Assists in coordinating annual off-site strategic planning activities for executive management.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as President/CEO, Executive Vice Presidents, Senior Vice Presidents, and Department Heads.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information.
- Makes travel arrangements for President and occasionally members of Senior Management.
- Assists Training Manager and Marketing in event planning.
- May do research for a project or a legal matter.
- Screens telephone calls for President and Chairman of the Board.
- May perform related public relations work for executives.
- Be knowledgeable of all bank products and services.
- Possesses ability to cross-sell to existing and prospective customers.
- Performs all other duties assigned by supervisor.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Five to six years of secretarial and administrative experience.
- Proven knowledge of bank operations and policies.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers and employees, and listen effectively.
- Analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports, finds solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritizes.
- Advanced skills in typing and general office procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to and use other PC based software packages.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and the use of office machines and equipment. Be able to master all computer applications pertaining to efficient processing of duties.
- Ability to understand and interpret pertinent policies, regulations, and procedures clearly and accurately. Must follow said policies, procedures, and regulations and have the ability to implement throughout branch personnel.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, subordinates, the media, representatives from all levels of government, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
- Performance of responsibilities so they are completed in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner.
- Acceptable attendance and reporting to work in a timely manner.
- Ability to conduct customer relations in a manner to enhance the overall marketing effort of the bank. Must be respectful and courteous to all customers and employees.
- Ability to maintain matters of a highly confidential nature. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy, and honesty in all matters.
- Will treat co-workers, peers, and vendors with the same degree of respect and consideration we give our customers and expect for ourselves.
- Will conduct self in a professional and dignified manner.
- Will maintain a cheerful and positive attitude.
- Will make every effort to promptly return all phone calls received in a day.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!