- Corinth Harper Road
- Corinth, MS, USA
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- This position is the Customer Ambassador for the bank with the overall purpose of providing quality and efficiency to customers who prefer face-to-face interaction with the bank at various locations. This position will have a thorough understanding of the customer's transaction requirements and be able to effectively communicate all available options to them.
- Performs primarily in a teller role at multiple locations, but has secondary responsibilities in new accounts. Accurately and efficiently processes and records routine transactions for bank customers including cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, and processing loan payments. Promotes and advises on the bank's products and services and refer the appropriate products and services matching the customer needs. This position will also refer customers to the appropriate source or channel to address their need.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides quality customer service through courteous and accurate handling of transactions.
- Performs specialized tasks such as preparing cashier's checks, cash advances, and ATM Balancing.
- Identifies customers, validates and cashes checks, accepts cash and checks for deposit, and checks accuracy of deposit slips.
- Accurately balances assigned cash drawer.
- May serve as Vault Teller or Vault Teller Backup.
- May be responsible for operating and balancing a Teller Cash Recycler (TCR).
- Ensures compliance with all internal controls and policies and procedures
- Answers inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts and other bank related products; attempts to resolve issues and problems with customer's accounts
- Develops knowledge of bank products through independent study of Product Knowledge Manual and general banking knowledge through Professional Development or CFT courses.
- Completes all required monthly and quarterly training.
- Accurately processes and/or reports the following as outlined in established branch procedures:
- Garnishments, tax levies, subpoenas, etc.
- Counterfeit Currency Report.
- Mail (USPS, UPS, interoffice, mail deposits, hold mail, etc.)
- Night deposit logs.
- Balancing and reporting of the negotiable instrument log.
- Provides a complete range of customer services at the financial institution, including opening new accounts, explaining available financial institution products and services, and gathering customer information to process new and existing accounts.
- Receives deposits and ensures that all accounts are properly processed.
- Establishes retirement accounts, and makes arrangements for direct deposits.
- Completes arrangements and documents for special services such as exchanges of foreign currency.
- Carries out the financial institution's client retention strategies.
- Proactively prospects for new business.
- May serve as Publicity Coordinator and/or Digital Champion.
- Actively refers loans, outside lines of business, and other bank services to appropriate financial institution specialists.
- Opens and closes office by following established security procedures.
- Represents the financial institution in community affairs and civic organizations.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One year of teller experience or relevant work experience including clerical, administrative, cash handling, or customer service experience required.
- Ability to interact with customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle with proof of a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Meets eligibility requirements of the company's insurance provider in order to maintain sufficient coverage. Maintains minimum limits of $100,000-$300,000-$25,000 of insurance coverage for his/her own personal vehicles in order to provide sufficient coverage during usage of a personal vehicle for company business.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Complies with all bank policies and procedures as well as all state and federal regulations.
- Conforms to a high standard of appearance, conduct and communication.
- Analyzes, processes, and resolves issues in a competent, accurate, and proficient manner.
- Demonstrates respect and courtesy to each customer, visitor and co-worker.
- Processes customer transactions in a thorough and efficient manner.
- Errors in handling transactions could cause financial losses to the bank.
- Losses resulting from legal and compliance issues.
- Loss of reputation within the community.
- Documentation and transactions are reviewed by Teller Support.
- Reviews completed by branch supervisors, internal and external auditors, and federal examiners.
- Variances from budgets and projections.
- Teller software.
- Fax machine.
- Encoding machine.
- Remote capture machine.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid driver's license.
- Other business related equipment.
CB&S Bank https://cbsbank.applicantpro.com
Sign Up For Job Alerts!