- Ripley, MS, USA
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
Plans, directs and organizes all operational and sales activities of the branch following established policies and procedures in order to meet or exceed our customer's expectations with regards to their banking needs. Oversees the operation of the branch and ensures profitability and compliance with all bank policies and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generates new business by conducting business development calls on existing customers and prospective customers in order to meet or exceed established sales goals.
- Supervises all branch personnel. Responsible for supervising, training, directing and coaching branch personnel with regards to all sales and operational activities. Conducts annual and quarterly reviews.
- Maintains an active role in community and civic affairs.
- Maintains control and usage of the medallion stamp.
- Serves as chairperson for local board meetings; responsible for outlining the agenda along with various other board reports.
- Establishes and manages the branch loan portfolio.
- Interviews loan applicants, analyzes financial information and makes appropriate loan decisions.
- Identifies non-conforming credits which need additional approval or assistance.
- Presents loan requests above lending authority to loan committee for approval.
- Prepares loan documents, clearing any exceptions and construction inspections.
- Resolves customer complaints.
- Abides by specified lending authority as dictated by the loan policy and procedures.
- Manages the branch budget while maximizing profits and minimizing expenses.
- Processes daily EIM items (pay/return decisions) within established authority limits.
- Reviews and authorizes staff schedules including approving overtime and paid leave.
- Reviews and approves accounts payable items (invoices); forwards to the Accounting Department for processing.
- Implements the Branch Security Plan and trains staff, including but not limited to the opening/closing procedures and monitoring the branch's security system.
- Insures the accurate processing and/or reporting of the following:
- Garnishments, tax levies, subpoenas, etc.
- Cash items.
- Proof corrections.
- Cash counts.
- CIP verifications.
- Counterfeit Currency Report.
- Mail (USPS, UPS, interoffice, mail deposits, hold mail, etc.)
- Night deposit logs, agreements, business resolutions.
- Safe deposit boxes (audit, bank use boxes, verification of documents, etc.)
- Collateral boxes and holds for notes secured by deposit accounts.
- Balancing and reporting of the negotiable instruments.
- Branch certification of internal controls.
- Works with Branch Operations Administration to complete all quarterly and annual operational training including the disaster recovery plan/business continuity plan and the implementation of such plans.
- Resolves customer complaints within the branch.
- Conducts branch audit and clears any exceptions under the guidance of Branch Operations Administration. Trains and cross-trains personnel in order to avoid any future exceptions.
- Ensures branch personnel are in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Approves requisitions for purchasing of supplies for the branch.
- Monitors and maintains property management by coordinating with the Facilities department regarding upkeep and needed repairs.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college with a concentration in accounting /finance preferred, or equivalent related experience.
- Two to three years of retail banking, consumer and commercial lending experience.
- Minimum of one to two years supervisory experience.
- Strong personal leadership skills, organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex financial information and present recommendations for appropriate courses of action.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Maintains positive work-environment while being courteous and respectful to all.
- Must be alert in all job functions.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain matters of a highly confidential nature.
- Acts on all loan requests, after receiving all information necessary to consider the request, within two days for all loans within your authority and twelve days for all other loans.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!