- Aberfoyle, ON, CAN
- 50000-60000 per year
- Full Time
Extended Health, Pension, RRSP etc.
CBM Aggregates, a division of St. Marys Canada Building Materials is a leading producer and supplier of aggregate materials, with twelve sand and gravel operations and quarries, competing in the Southern Ontario market which consumes over 140 million tonnes of aggregate annually.
As an Aggregate Shift Supervisor you will help team of hourly employees and direct production operations in order to ensure efficient use of resources, in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
The ideal candidate will be able to work Monday-Friday from late morning to early evening. Occasional weekend work will also be required.
- Competitive salary plus benefits, pension and RRSP
- Room for growth and long-term career opportunity
- We value and prioritize health & safety always!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Environment and Ministry of Natural Resources legislation and regulations. Implements training, administration and compliance with applicable Health & Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Supervise and execute plans for safe and efficient use of raw materials, machines and employees. Develop and execute work process. Reviews production KPIs, product quality, and modifies production to maintain and enhance safety, quality and efficient operations of specific plants. Supervises production and storage of aggregate products in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Review mining sequences and assist in developing mine planning. Recommends budget requests and capital requirements to management, completes capital expenditure approval requests, monitor large projects through completion.
- Sources and secures quotes for maintenance materials for the processing plants and mobile equipment.
- Confers with sub contractors to negotiate pricing of contracts, evaluate and promotes service to the customers in the area.
- Partners with the Sales Representative and Technical Services to meet the customers' needs and specifications
- Other duties as assigned
- Two years post-secondary education or three years' experience in the industry
- Excellent people management, problem solving and decision making skills
- Fundamental knowledge of computer software (Windows, Word, Excel)
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Valid G-class lisence with clean abstract
Canada Building Materials is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all qualified persons. Accommodations throughout the hiring process are available by contacting human resources.