As a Ready Mix Plant Manager you will plan, manage and provide leadership for assigned plant, guiding the safe and efficient use of labor and equipment. This position works in congruence with operations management.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages and coordinates production, storage and general distribution in accordance with policies and procedures as established by the Operations Manager.
- Initiates individual load requirements, or receives and verifies individual load requirements, and ensures that the batch process is completed as per specification requirements.
- Develops plans and manages for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees.
- Develops work processes to meet and exceed Company goals and objectives.
- Reviews production costs and product quality and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
- Is proactive in the reduction of waste from the various plant processes.
- Maintains a high level of employee morale at the plant.
- Liaises with customers, as required, to deal with customer issues and complaints or to deal with emergency situations that may arise away from the plant.
- Coordinates, participates and administers matters of labour relations (grievances, labour management meetings, etc.).
- Approves expenditures within defined dollar limits.
- Recommends budget request and capital requirements to Operations Manager.
- Implements, trains, administers and complies with Environmental, Health & Safety and Quality System policies and procedures.
- Performs concrete testing as per CSA & ASTM standards.
- Completes required paperwork (reports, forms, letters, etc.). Directs or performs the preparation of accounting records.
Experience and Qualifications:
Two years post secondary education plus three years plant dispatch experience; or five years of fulltime industry experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent people management, problem solving, decision-making and communication skills. Fundamental knowledge of computer software (Windows, Word, Excel). Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in French is an asset.