- Toronto, ON, CAN
- Full Time
Benefits via Teamsters Local 230
As a Ready Mix Plant Maintenance Mechanic (Millwright) you will maintain equipment related to the production of Ready Mix Concrete, i.e.: compressors, conveyors, drives, pneumatic controls and cylinders, dust collection systems, silos, steam boilers, concrete reclaimer equipment etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform scheduled inspections.
- Complete necessary reports and repair orders including order and tracking of repair parts
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance of plant equipment including condition monitoring.
- Troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic and electrical equipment and perform repairs with minimal supervision.
- Communicate maintenance related information to plants and their personnel in written form.
- Adhere to safety guidelines and use protective equipment as required by any government/company regulation and procedures.
- Perform general machining, welding/fabrication and pipe fitting duties as required.
- Perform other routine duties such as general repairs, etc.
Preferred candidates will have an Ontario Industrial Millwright certificate or equivalent experience; exceptional communication skills; be able to work under minimal supervision, a self-starter and a team player. The successful candidate will be required to work in inclement conditions, possess the ability to climb and work at various heights, and must be able to travel to complete occasional out of town work. Must have a valid driver's license with a clean abstract.