CBM Aggregates is seeking a temporary full-time student for our Aberfoyle lab and pits.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sample aggregate products following CBM sampling policy.
- Perform aggregate tests (gradations, physical properties) in accordance with specified test methods.
- Report in a timely and clear fashion the quality of products with regard to production issues (targets, causes, solutions) and shipping issues (end user requirements).
- Apply statistical process control techniques to analyze production data.
- Maintain laboratory and testing equipment in an appropriate state of repair.
- Enter and process data both manually and on computer software supplied.
- Describe product uses and obtain product samples for customers.
- Maintain and follow CBM Laboratory Quality Manual requirements for their individual laboratory.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner according to CBM Procedures.
- Assist production personnel in production trials, sampling and documenting quality for green-field sites.
- Assist sales personnel in customer service related to test data and product uses.
Experience and Qualifications:
Current post-secondary student in related field, preferably in the physical sciences or engineering
People-related, problem solving and decision-making skills
Fundamental knowledge of computer software (Windows, Word, Excel)
Note: This location is not accessible by public transit.
Canada Building Materials is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations throughout the hiring process are available by contacting human resources at (416) 423-1300.