- 07-Feb-2023 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Product Solutions
- TX, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Product Solutions (CPS) provides (typically through resale of OEM products) physical and digital products to our clients globally, quickly, and consistently at market rates to support their business needs. This includes tracking, sourcing, warehousing, delivering, and when needed implementing and maintaining. CPS works with external clients, but also serves the companies under the Cayuse Holdings and Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation's (CTUIR) umbrellas. Though CPS primarily focuses on IT products, they have the latitude to work with additional products requested by their clients. CPS primarily looks to add value to the procurement process for their clients and as such use's tools and processes such as Just-In-Time and Deal Registration to create value in the procurement chain process.
The Senior Sales Executive- State and Local Government (Texas) Missions & Programs is responsible for developing and executing the business development plans and business capture functions related to Cayuse's state and local government practice. This includes developing sales plans based on company goals that will promote profitable sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization. Additionally, they will be responsible for interpreting and translating client requirements into innovative solutions that meet the customers stated requirements and mission objectives.
- Leverages existing relationships and develops new relationships in the State and Local Government's mission and programs space to identify and qualify business opportunities by researching and analyzing capture options.
- Plan and execute proven capture strategies and develop plans and techniques that will demonstrate our value with potential clients to do business with Cayuse Product Solutions.
- Establishes trusting, honest broker relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance, researching and recommending solutions to their challenges and opportunities.
- Works closely with Contracting Officers to craft executable delivery approaches and fair contractual outcomes based on mutual interests; Identifies and qualifies potential teaming partners and business relationships that result in the development of winning proposals and successful delivery.
- Understand and translate buyer requirements into mission relevant solutions.
- Managing all client interaction throughout the sales/capture cycle.
- Assist or lead where possible, in the preparation of the project estimates, schedules, work plans, resource/sourcing plans. Understand and clearly define the input required to create cost estimates.
- Align solution architecture (including statement of work, schedules and other contractual documents) with final terms and conditions.
- Lead and drive the process of Bid/No Bid discussions, proposal strategies, drafting proposal content, and quality reviews of proposals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field, MBA a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years of successful government capture, business development, and marketing experience in state and local government client environments, including intimate knowledge of and relationships with one or more departments, unified commands or programs; Veteran status a plus.
- Current or former security clearance, ability to obtain required clearance a plus
- IT Infrastructure and Software sales experience a plus.
- Advanced sales/capture and marketing skills, including proven experience marketing and selling to government buyers while communicating past performance and capabilities which differentiate Cayuse from other small businesses.
- Demonstrated experience in a SBA Tribal 8(a) business environment, including benefits to clients of the program and its participants;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the FAR and other government regulations;
- Demonstrated understanding of state and local business practices with a working knowledge of costing, pricing, and profit margins, including contractual obligations and risks.
- Proficient with state and local government market dynamics, in particular solutions and technologies that are hot in the market and at what price points customers are buying them;
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with state and local government contracting approaches and vehicles, including IDIQs, CTAs, Category Management, best in breed, etc.
- Proficient in government and commercial opportunity mining resources, i.e., GovWin, Bloomberg, SAM, etc.
- Working knowledge of Shipley processes for business development and proposal management
- Existing relationships with potential clients and teaming partners, such that one can "hit the ground running" required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing to travel for short term assignments
- Self-starter, well-connected in the state and local government arena
- Highly motivated and is at ease with handling or managing multiple tasks at any one time
- Excellent business acumen and industry acumen
- Ability to forge new relationships, individual and teaming in nature
- Must be able to pass a background check and additional background checks as required by projects and/or clients at any time during employment.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently, yet as part of a team.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Holdings is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Operations Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.