- 30-Jan-2023 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Technologies
- Portland, OR, USA
- Full Time
The Business Operations Specialist is responsible for improving the operational, financial, and quality delivery of projects/contracts within the Cayuse Government Business Unit (BU) to be effective, efficient, and compliant with good business practices, laws, and industry standards. Reviews every aspect of contract operations for the purpose of ensuring effective project design and execution for the purpose of improving operational outcomes to better serve customers and make the company operations more efficient. Provide accurate financial data and analytic reports to the operational program team and senior leadership for strategic business decisions. Work with senior leadership and project management on strategic, business, and action plans to achieve specified goals and objectives.
- Perform common duties associated with understanding and communicating the status of operations for one of Cayuse's federal government subsidiaries. Acting as the chief of staff in this role, reporting to and working closely with the Company Managing Director of the subsidiary, and the Managing Director, Operations for Cayuse Government Services
- Additional responsibilities may include:
- Understand and document business processes, workflows, and associated systems
- Identify process improvements and recommend solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Serve as a liaison between the business units, IT, and other departments
- Promotes a smooth delivery system for products and services going to clients.
- Facilitate the implementation of new or modified processes, including integration with existing processes and systems for the Company
- Participate in training sessions for new or revised processes
- Monitor contract performance and compliance, and prepare reports on process improvement metrics
- Monitor performance, quality, and budget of projects
- Provides support for the Operations, Client Account Teams, and Senior Management
- Ensures that corporate accounting policies and procedures are followed
- Assists with financial reporting
- Trains business operations staff
- Conducts operational research
- Solves complex problems relating to the operation of the subsidiary's business
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Skills and Qualifications
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Operations Management or related field,
- Minimum 3-5 years of business operations or project management role in Federal Government client environments
- Demonstrated capability to manage multi-task programs/projects, multi-task contracts and/or subcontracts of various types and complexity.
- Strong Financial acumen and analysis skillsets, operational analytical skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Current or former security clearance; ability to obtain clearance.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office; including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other general software applications.
- Demonstrated outstanding writing, verbal communications, presentation and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the FAR, DFAR and other government regulations;
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP and federal accounting practices
- Demonstrated understanding of federal business practices with a working knowledge of costing, pricing, and profit margins, including contractual obligations and risks;
- Familiarity and experience with DCAA compliance
- Member of a Federally Recognized American Indian Tribe
- MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- Veteran status a plus
- Experience with ISO or other process improvement methodology
- PMP certification
- Experience with Deltek CostPoint
- Familiarity with data analysis tools and techniques
- Account management
Human Relationship Skills
- Highly motivated and is at ease with handling or managing multiple tasks at any one time
- Excellent business acumen and industry acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to forge new relationships, individual and team
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Must be physically and mentally able to perform duties
- Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed and quality to meet the demands of this position.
- Perform well in a position of trust and responsibility
- Must maintain a safe, productive, and professional workspace.
- May be required to work varying work schedules and/or extended hours to meet business needs and/or project deadlines.
- Must be able to travel as needed
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Cayuse Holdings (and all its subsidiaries) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive employment for all employees.