- 30-Jan-2023 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Government Services
- Full Time
Cayuse Government Services (CGS) is committed to excellence by providing innovative and flexible solutions to State, Municipal and Tribal government clients. CGS also provides mission-critical technology delivery as a shared service in our Oregon Technology Delivery Center, which also provides support to CGS' Federal Government clients. Core service areas for CGS include. Information Technology Consulting & Integration Services, Centers of Excellence (CoE's),Document/Image Management & Processing, and Service Desk/Help Desk Support Services.
The Federal Proposal Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the Proposal Manager in coordinating, managing, writing, and developing compliant and persuasive proposals used to capture new business opportunities, focused primarily on federal contracts. The Federal Proposal Coordinator will ensure that all RFP instructions and SOW requirements are carefully met in all proposal documents and ensures that all required criteria is captured. The Federal Proposal Coordinator will assist the Proposal Manager to develop, coordinate, and ensure that sound technical solutions, based on the customers need as outlined in the SOW, are provided as part of the proposal response. They will also work with Program Managers & Business Development professionals.
The Federal Proposal Coordinator will focus on the development of RFI, Sources Sought, and Market Survey responses, marketing materials, presentations, and proposals; ensuring that documents are aligned with company standards and processes. They will also assist the Proposal Manager in managing the entire proposal management process. The Federal Proposal Coordinator will edit and review proposal documents from start to finish and must pay particular attention to compliance, grammar, and one voice. This may include developing templates for all future proposals or ensuring that an established templates are followed. They will also work with team members to ensure that deadlines are met and assignments are in compliance. In many situations, the Federal Proposal Coordinator could be assisting on multiple projects and proposals at the same time; time management and organization is absolutely necessary. The individual should be familiar with the government industry and acquisition process, have good communications and teamwork skills, strong writing and document management skills, as well as enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. No two days are the same and your contributions are critical to our success!
- Assist with the entire proposal management process, including but not limited to capture, competitive analysis, bid-no/bid, compliance matrices, proposal drafts, color team reviews, meetings, and final production/submission
- Create the layout, formatting, and design of proposals in compliance with all government requirements as stipulated in the RFP
- Review elements of the proposal such as introduction, overview, project approach and cover letter
- Synthesize proposal materials and content into one voice creating a final client ready, compliant submission
- General knowledge of procurement websites of government agencies and departments.
- Understand how to utilize the tools offered by each website to highlight current and future opportunities
- Research and gather technical and background information for inclusion in project documentation and deliverables, such as SOW and PWS.
- Consult relevant information sources, including library resources, technical and financial documents, and client and project personnel, to obtain background information, and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing deliverables.
- Provides research into technical and management strategies in conjunction with Capture Leads and SME's.
- Follow specified company and industry best practices as they relate to capture and proposal processes and procedures
- Develops and writes reusable / boiler plate content for proposals or other materials
- Maintain content and project description libraries and files needed to create or edit the requested content. Experience with SharePoint preferred
- Shreds RFP, creates compliance matrices, and determines proposal requirements
- Attends pre-proposal conferences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment and to meet all deadlines
- Strong writing and desktop editing skills, checking for clarity and consistency in grammar and style and proofreading.
- Consolidating text in proposals from multiple writers and editing using 'one voice' techniques
- Perform research on competitive landscape to aide in Black Hat reviews and development of win themes.
- Manage past performance citations, resumes and proposal reuse materials' libraries
- Regular interface with subcontractors and team members in a professional and succinct manner
- Understand company capabilities, offerings, and past performance and how they can possibly translate into potential work
- Understand how to navigate various procurement websites to find relevant information leading to opportunity recognition and evaluation
- Ability to format documents into a succinct, cohesive format based on marketing or proposal guidelines and templates.
- Ability to work closely with Proposal Managers, Pricing, Contracts, Management, Subcontractors, and Government stakeholders. Strong speaking and presentation skills a must!
- Ability to be flexible and work in a problem-solving environment
- Outstanding work habits and dedication to company and its success
- Ability to work in a repetitive environment, maintaining focus and understanding of the objectives of the role
- Ability to work independently and as a team. Be proactive
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment and meet all deadlines
- Meets commitments and provides weekly status reports
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree or higher in related area such as English, Journalism, Marketing, Business, etc.; minimum two-year Associates Degree or 3+ years of work experience in a related environment
- 3+ years experience in federal proposal coordination, or other writing/management support in federal arena;
- Prior Federal Government proposal experience required and in depth understanding of standard proposal processes
- Expert word processing, organization, verbal communication, and writing skills
- Expert in reading and analyzing Government requests for proposal (RFPs), requests for quotation (RFQs), Sources Sought, and Request for Information (RFI)
- Association of Proposal Management Professional (APMP) member
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Shipley or equivalent proposal processes and compliance
- Proficient in Microsoft and Adobe products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Acrobat, etc.
- Ability to navigate structured websites, by using unstructured keyword searches to find opportunities relevant to capabilities
- Ability to accurately and timely complete required documentation while adhering to aggressive deadlines under pressure.
- Strong organizational habits, analytical skills as well as effective written and spoken communication skills
- Possesses a customer service mentality, polite and friendly, providing assistance and information in a timely manner, taking responsibility and owning problems until resolved and communicating broadly and courteously through appropriate use of interpersonal styles and methods
- Contributes to the accomplishments of team objectives; works collaboratively as a team member towards solutions; solicits input from other team members, demonstrates respect for the ideas and opinions of others, employs trust and openness
- Is punctual and understands the importance of being at work as scheduled and the importance of deadlines.
- Must be able to function independently and successfully as a remote worker
- Must be able to pass a background check and additional background checks as required by projects and/or clients at any time during employment.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently, yet as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of Information Technology, Cyber Security, Program Management, Health Services, Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection, or related Professional Services a plus.
- Fun and fast paced environment
- 100% remote
- Occasional nights and weekends
Cayuse and our family of companies are 100% Indian Small Business Economic Enterprises (ISBEE) wholly owned by the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR). Specifically, within our Government Operations, we offer diverse business lines and workforce while providing solutions for federal, state, and local clients throughout the world. Cayuse's comprehensive program management, mission support, and technology solutions are ideally positioned to help our clients advance their goals.