- 29-Dec-2022 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Shared Services
- Full Time
We are looking for an innovative procurement manager to develop/lead our procurement team. You will spearhead the purchasing process from selecting suppliers as well as provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes. Our procurement manager will be a supply chain and logistics expert who will specialize in implementing cost-effective purchases of consumable (non-resale) goods and services, as required by the company. Ensuring quality control and adhering to the company's policies and procedures on supply chain management will be some of your main priorities when carrying out this role. All duties and responsibilities are performed in accordance with the Core Values of Cayuse.
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Preparing procurement reports.
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers while continually scouting for additional vendors
- Evaluating spending operations while seeking ways to improve and enhance the quality of products purchased and the timeliness of deliveries
- Conducting cost analyses and setting benchmarks for improvement
- Building a purchasing team and delegating tasks across departments when necessary
- Working closely with the company legal department to make sure contracts and terms are favorable
- Assisting our federal operations in implementing an approved procurement system
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration.
- Proven experience managing supply chain operations
- Experience using supply chain management software and tools, including Deltek Costpoint
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms
- Must be able to pass a background check. May require additional background checks as required by projects and/or clients at any time during employment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access)
- Management and leadership skills
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- SPSM Certification from the Next Level Purchasing Association
- APICS Supply Chain certifications
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP)
- Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM)
- Certified Green Purchasing Professional (CGPP)
- Certified Professional in Distribution and Warehousing (CPDW)
- Certified Professional Purchasing Consultant (CPPC)
- Professional remote office environment
- Must be physically and mentally able to perform duties for extended periods of time. Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed to meet the demands of this position.
- Must be able to establish a productive and professional workspace.
- Must be able to work varying work schedules and/or extended hours to meet business needs and project deadlines.
- May be asked to travel for business or professional development purposes.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement: Cayuse Holdings (and all its subsidiaries) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating inclusive employment for all employees.