- 15-Nov-2022 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Technologies
- Sacramento, CA, USA
- 100000-132000 per year
- Full Time
Cayuse Technologies launched in 2006 as a US-based alternative to offshore technology delivery centers, providing information technology solutions and subject matter expertise to our clientele. Cayuse focuses on federal markets and missions, and is an SBA tribal 8(a) certified company. Cayuse brings significant past performance and excellent CPARS to its clients at an exceptionally competitive price. Cayuse's 41,000 sq. ft. technology delivery center is fully redundant and prepared to meet the needs of government. Our clients include DHS, DHA, DoS, USMC, US Army, HHS/Indian Health Service, Department of Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Bureau of Indian Education, among many more.
The CDFA's mission is to serve the citizens of California by promoting and protecting a safe, healthy food supply, and enhancing local and global agricultural trade, through efficient management, innovation, and sound science, with a commitment to environmental stewardship. The CDFA Office of Information Technology Services (OITS) supports this mission by providing comprehensive IT services including critical maintenance, operations, and the development and implementation of new solutions and services.
• Evaluate identified security solutions against security requirement gaps and findings.
• Recommend new or additional security solutions to meet full compliance.
• Independently collaborate, plan, and lead security solution implementation with CDFA staff.
• Fully document security solutions' requirements and standards, architectural designs,
implementation and test plans, configuration specifications and details, and operational procedures, guides, and manuals.
• Ensure maintenance and operational procedures are understood and followed by CDFA staff.
• Adhere to organizational policies and procedures in implementing technical solutions.
• Develop accurate, comprehensive deliverables using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, and Project.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills including telephone and presentation skills.
• Strong information security knowledge.
• Work a flexible schedule when needed, which may include evenings and weekends.
- Perform analysis and validate SAM and SIMM compliancy of identified IT security solutions ("solutions").
- Identify alternate solutions to fully meet any missing requirements as appropriate.
Lead and direct implementation, testing, maintenance, and operation of solutions with CDFA staff.
- Fully document solutions' requirements and standards, architectural designs, implementation, and test plans, configuration specifications and details, and operational procedures, guides, and manuals.
- Elicit and document technical, security, and system requirements
- Develop technical standards, guidelines, and best practices
- Document technical and security architecture
- Provide technical team leadership and direction
- Lead development of deliverables that align with enterprise/technical architecture
- Build quality and security into deliverables
- Research and develop technical recommendations
- Manage day-to-day team tasks and activities
- Baccalaureate-level degree in relevant technical specialty, such as computer science, management information systems, computer engineering, software engineering. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively complex work experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in security system analysis and configuration, ensuring compliance with requirements in the California State Administrative Manual (SAM) Chapter 5300 and all sub-sections and external references, and the Statewide Information Management Manual (SIMM) 5300 and all sub-sections and external references.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively complex work experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in security system/solution design, documentation, and implementation for a California State governmental entity, assuring
compliance to the California State Administrative Manual (SAM) Chapter 5300 and all sub-sections and external references, and the Statewide Information Management Manual (SIMM) 5300 and all sub-sections and external references.
- A minimum of three (3) successful contracted security system support engagements for configuration, implementation, and optimization of at least four (4) different following security solutions:
- Azure MFA
- CrowdStrike Falcon
- Ivanti Password Director
- KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training
- Microsoft Intune
- Portnox CLEAR and/or Cloud NAC
- SolarWinds NPM, SAM, and/or UDT
- Tenable.sc and/or Tenable.io
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience documenting security system/solution configuration, implementation, testing,
maintenance, and support procedures.
- A minimum of two (2) successful contracted security system implementation engagements for planning, configuration, implementation, and optimization of an alternate processing, storage, and telecommunications site compliant with SAM Sections 5325.4, 5325.5, and 5325.6 requirements.
- At least three (3) years of experience and Intermediate-level skills in the following:
- Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022) installation, configuration, and customization
- Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Firewall installation, configuration, and customization
- VMware vCenter/vSphere installation, configuration, and customization
- Experience documenting and implementing security solutions to comply with established state standards.
Cayuse and our family of companies are 100% Indian Small Business Economic Enterprises (ISBEE) wholly owned by the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR). Specifically, within our Government Operations, we offer diverse business lines and workforce while providing solutions for federal, state, and local clients throughout the world. Cayuse's comprehensive program management, mission support, and technology solutions are ideally positioned to help our clients advance their goals.