- 21-Oct-2022 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Government Services
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Government Services (CGS) is committed to excellence by providing innovative and flexible solutions to State, Municipal and Tribal government clients. CGS also provides mission-critical technology delivery as a shared service in our Oregon Technology Delivery Center, which also provides support to CGS' Federal Government clients. Core service areas for CGS include Information Technology Consulting & Integration Services, Centers of Excellence (CoE's), Document/Image Management & Processing, and Service Desk/Help Desk (L1, L2, L3, Deskside) Support Services.
$30 - $35 per hour
The Data Migration Specialist will create the structures for migrating data from the legacy database structure to the TMS SUITE schema. They will be tasked with understanding the business rules, workflows, and domain process of DOI users, and with mapping out reference tables and fields based on different systems in the cultural collections sector.
The Data Migration Specialist (Remote) will be able to ascertain and quickly grasp system functionality and interaction with various module functions in legacy systems. The Data Migration Specialist will be highly analytical, bring well developed problem-solving skills and be able to thrive in a high throughput environment. Strong collaborative and communication skills are necessary, as this position will be expected to work in concert with non-technical user across a variety of collection teams.
The Data Migration Specialist is responsible for:
- Gathering information on extracted and migrated data to the TMS Suite schema, working with different user groups.
- Identifying and documenting field definitions & authority values for data conversion
- Migrating very large data sets from legacy systems.
- During data validation, researching and resolving issues as they arise.
- Presenting information and responding to questions from management and other project participants.
- 3-plus years' experience analyzing system functionality
- 2-plus MS SQL database administration experience
- 4-plus years' experience with enterprise ETF tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Excel advanced features and formulas
- Ability to match and map different sets of data based on business knowledge
- Demonstrably strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent English communication skills
- Undergraduate Degree, CS / MIS or related
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Government Services is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Operations Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.