- 11-Oct-2022 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Federal Services
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Federal Services (CFS) provides innovative and flexible solutions to federal government clients, emphasizing cost-effective excellence. CFS' capabilities, market-relevant service offerings, past performance credentials, and diverse status allow government clients to engage quickly and confidently with CFS. Core service areas for CFS include Environmental Services Investigation and Remediation, Munitions Response/Unexploded Ordnance (UXO), Operations Support Services Bases, Ranges, Airfields, and Logistics/Warehouse Management.
Cayuse Federal Services, LLC is seeking on-site Quality Control Managers (QCM) to staff API 653 repair projects within Department of Defense (DoD) facilities. The on-site QCM provides general oversight, inspections, and quality control measures for all aspects of our Military Petroleum Oils and Lubricants (POL) systems maintenance and repair projects. The on-site Quality Control Manager shall provide the fuel system operations and maintenance experience in order to identify and implement a high standard of project quality during preconstruction, construction, and closeout phases. Completeness of QC deliverables directly represents our on-site work to meet and/or exceed government regulations and standards, resulting in a quality product for our client. Provides technical engineering information to ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes and contract specifications. The first deployment for these QCM positions will be to Nevada for a period of 18 to 24 months.
These positions report directly to the Military POL Program Manager and coordinates activities with the Project Manager, Maintenance Managers, and Service Order Managers. Our Quality Control Managers will perform the following specific roles:
- Develop and draft project-specific Quality Control Plans and all other associated plans
- Conduct field reviews and inspections of ongoing and completed work to verify competency and accuracy with respect to approved construction methods and applications
- Work with other company principals and project designers and engineers to develop cost-effective design solutions, create a Submittal Register and work with the PM and DOR to coordinate submittal approvals
- Monitor Quality Control measures on multiple job sites simultaneously with proper coordination and documentation
- Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants
- Assist in developing, drafting, and enforcing project-specific Accident Protection Plan (APP) and Health and Safety Plan (HASP) measures on each project, in conjunction with the Safety Officer
- Oversee quality control procedures on fuels projects, maintenance activities, and service orders, including coordination and review of third-party inspections and material testing
- Work with the Project Manager(s), Maintenance Managers, and Service Order Managers to create current and relevant quality control measures and project-specific QC requirements
- Monitor construction, maintenance, and repair activities to ensure that they are moving according to predetermined schedules while complying with project drawings and specifications and applicable construction industry standards
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing and executing Request for Information (RFIs) requests with designers and engineers and when site issues arise in order to remedy issues quickly and cost-effectively and avoid schedule delays
- Manage and communicate effectively with the Project Managers, Superintendents, and Site Managers regarding quality control performance issues
- Assist the Project Manager in identifying the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims and determining an acceptable resolution. Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards
- Perform and follow the USACE 3 phase inspection process
- Perform field inspections to ensure compliance and quality
- Ensure project documents and deliverables are complete and accurate
Successful candidates for these positions will possess the following:
- Minimum of five (5) years of Department of Defense OR Commercial Construction experience as Quality Control Manager, of which two (2) years must be field experience as an on-site Quality Control Manager for construction repairs to DoD OR Commercial POL Facilities.
- USACE / NAVFAC Construction Quality Management (CQM) certification demonstrating knowledge of USACE / NAVFAC CQM system and methods.
- Possess or able to immediately obtain:
- OSHA 30-Hour Training Certificate (no more than 5 years old)
- Confined Space Competent Person Certificate
- Current CPR & AED Certificate
- Must meet eligibility requirement for access to US Government facilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated understanding of construction means and methods associated with Government fuel systems
- Familiarity with API 653 Aboveground Storage Tank Inspection and API 579 Fitness for Service
- Working knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical, and electrical work.
Cayuse and our family of companies are 100% Indian Small Business Economic Enterprises (ISBEE) wholly owned by the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR). Specifically, within our Government Operations, we offer diverse business lines and workforce while providing solutions for federal, state, and local clients throughout the world. Cayuse's comprehensive program management, mission support, and technology solutions are ideally positioned to help our clients advance their goals.