- 13-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Federal Services
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Federal Services (CFS) provides innovative and flexible solutions to federal government clients, emphasizing cost-effective excellence. CFS' capabilities, market-relevant service offerings, past performance credentials, and diverse status allow government clients to engage quickly and confidently with CFS. Core service areas for CFS include Environmental Services Investigation and Remediation, Munitions Response/Unexploded Ordnance (UXO), Operations Support Services Bases, Ranges, Airfields, and Logistics/Warehouse Management.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) is at the heart of mobilizing a collective defense to lead the Nation's efforts to understand and manage risk to our critical infrastructure. CISA Central is designed to provide synchronized response, mitigation, and recovery efforts to meet national strategic goals; support interagency partners, critical infrastructure owners, and operators; and provide national and departmental leadership with accurate, informed situational awareness and decision support. CISA performs its mission through a matrixed organizational agency, comprised of three primary disciplines - Cyber Security Division (CSD), Emergency Communication Division (ECD), and Infrastructure Security Division (ISD) supported by three cross-cutting divisions - Stakeholder Engagement Division (SED), National Risk Management Center (NRMC), and Integrated Operations Division (IOD).
CI Watch support includes services associated with IOD's primary operational activities, including:
- 24x7 operations center functions of monitoring, analyzing, research, coordinating, alerting, and reporting;
- Coordinating the response to significant national-level incidents by collecting agency-wide information and disseminating situational awareness emails, reports, and updates related to the incident;
- Collecting, triaging, assigning and documenting responses to interactions with CISA Central;
- Proposing modifications to existing processes and procedures that will improve IOD's operational activities.
These activities will occur during various times of steady state, no-notice incidents, and in an extremely time-sensitive environment, and continues during periods of severe weather or Government shutdowns. This includes surge tasks that allow for support and service structures that can meet mission demands.
- Routine daily tasks include the collection and passing of information from one shift to the next, collaboration and sharing of information that is vital to critical infrastructure and key resources, warning and reporting, and answering requests for information.
- 24x7 operations center functions of monitoring, analyzing, research, coordinating, alerting, and reporting.
- Perform triage on questions, issues, or events involving the nation's Critical Infrastructures (CI) and Key Resources.
- Evaluate current information and develop responses to critical information requirements.
- Monitor a variety of information sources, such as online media sources specific company news feeds, news media channels, weather channels, and particular websites for information relating to CI.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline, or a combination of education, technical training, and equivalent experience.
- Must have experience/expertise in one or more critical infrastructure sectors (as defined by HSPD-7 and the NIPP), and/or emergency management.
- Must have broad expertise in research, analysis, and writing skills.
- Personnel must have a minimum of five (5) years of related experience, with at least one (1) year of specialized operations center experience.
- Active TS clearance and must be SCI eligible.
- Must have Knowledge of National Incident Management System (NIMS) structure, emergency management operations, and background knowledge of one (1) or more critical infrastructure sectors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to work well as a team or individual.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to work non-traditional schedules/shifts to support team.
- Must be able to pass a background check. May require additional background checks as required by projects and/or clients at any time during employment.
- Normal physical conditions
- General office environment
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time looking at a computer screen
- May be asked to work a flexible schedule which may include holidays
- May be asked to travel for business or professional development purposes
- May be asked to work hours outside of normal business hours
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Federal Services is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Recruiting Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.