- 19-Jan-2023 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Technologies
- Ft Carson, CO, USA
- 25.00-26.88 per hour
- Part Time
Cayuse Technologies launched in 2006 as a US-based alternative to offshore technology delivery centers, providing information technology solutions and subject matter expertise to our clientele. Cayuse focuses on federal markets and missions, and is an SBA tribal 8(a) certified company. Cayuse brings significant past performance and excellent CPARS to its clients at an exceptionally competitive price. Cayuse's 41,000 sq. ft. technology delivery center is fully redundant and prepared to meet the needs of government. Our clients include DHS, DHA, DoS, USMC, US Army, HHS/Indian Health Service, Department of Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Bureau of Indian Education, among many more.
Cayuse Technologies has a contract in Fort Carson, Colorado Springs, Colorado that provides logistics classes to Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers (NCO), and Soldiers at Fort Carson for the United States Army 4ID IVY Logistics Troop School.
Position Overall Description: Serves as training specialist/Instructor for personnel assigned as CBRN Defense Officer/NCO at the unit level. Responsible for analysis, design, and development of instructional materials in all curriculum including inter-active media instruction, lesson plans, Total Army Training school Courseware, Programs of Instruction, individual student assessment plans, grading rubrics, and course management plans to include commissioned officers, warrant officers and non-commissioned officers in-house refresher technical training to all assigned training personnel. Plans, directs, and coordinates training of military personnel in all areas of Program of Instruction (POI). Ensures compliance with policies and existing regulations. Directs and supervises implementation of changes in operations directed by On-Site Manager. Keeps On-Site Manager informed of progress and/or problems arising during implementation. Performs a variety of administrative and technical duties in connection with basic and specialized phases of CBRN training. Instructs complete courses in basic, advanced, and applied theoretical principles and techniques of CBRN processes. Provides operational support to assigned training development personnel, and is accountable for training products and materials that support training those assigned as CBRN Defense Officer/NCO at the unit level. Monitors training programs, evaluates training provided, and assists staff and faculty personnel with related academic problems.
This is a part time role.
• Provide training/instructions to commissioned officers, warrant officers and non-commissioned officers assigned duties and responsibilities of the CBRN Defense Officer/NCO at the unit level.
• Instruct two-week CBRN Defense courses.
• Facilitate course material.
• Operate CBRN Decontamination, Defense, Detection and Monitoring Equipment.
• Wear and use of protective equipment.
• Assist with preparation and administration of practical exercise and final examinations.
• Track progress and attendance of at least 30 students per course.
• Conduct daily inventories of classroom equipment before and after class.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Have a minimum of three (3) years' experience in the military NBC defense field as a NBC Defense Officer, NBC Defense Sergeant, or NBC Defense Instructor or training from an approved Department of Army (DA) school and be able to demonstrate complete familiarity with military map reading, land navigation and basic mathematics.
• Must be thoroughly familiar with all CBRN equipment used for chemical defense, the M40 protective mask, and decontamination apparatus.
• Knowledge of Joint Warning and Reporting Network (JWARN) system.
• Familiarity with Defense Department data sources for logistical support (POIs).
• Must be able to pass a background check. May require additional background checks as required by projects and/or clients at any time during employment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office A365/TEAMS.
• Former 740A Chemical, Biological, Radiology, and Nuclear Defense (CBRN) Warrant Officer
• Former Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) 74D Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear Specialist (CBRN)
• Army Basic Instructor Course (ABIC)
• Skill Qualification Identifier (SQI 8)
• Must be physically and mentally able to perform duties while standing for extended periods of time.
• Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed to meet the demands of this position.
• General office environment.
• Must be able to establish a productive and professional remote workspace.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time looking at computer screen.
• May be asked to work a flexible schedule which may include holidays.
• May be asked to travel for business or professional development purposes.
• May be asked to work hours outside of normal business hours.
Cayuse and our family of companies are 100% Indian Small Business Economic Enterprises (ISBEE) wholly owned by the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR). Specifically, within our Government Operations, we offer diverse business lines and workforce while providing solutions for federal, state, and local clients throughout the world. Cayuse's comprehensive program management, mission support, and technology solutions are ideally positioned to help our clients advance their goals.