- 12-Aug-2022 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Native Hawaiian Veterans
- HI, USA
- Full Time
Native Hawaiian Veterans, LLC (NHV) is a tribally-owned business; an Underutilized Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (UDBE); and Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) that provides services, solutions, and products in the areas of Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Information Technology, Communication Equipment, Professional Staff Augmentation, Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) Remediation, and Strategic Communications/Creative Services.
This position will be an At-Sea Crew Member and will be responsible for the operation, maintenance, and installation of the mechanical systems on MATSS. Performs assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed, selects, or adapts standard procedures or equipment, using fully applicable precedents, receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as need, performs recurring work independently.
- Traveling with the MATSS vessel out to sea on all missions to participate in all at-sea operations including performing the following:
- deck and rigging tasks
- conducting rounds
- standing watch
- participating in firefighting operations
- performing emergency repairs
- Tasks include constructing components, troubleshooting, following specific layout diagrams and engineering drawings, and assisting in design modification.
- When mechanical work is not required shall perform deck work as directed, as well as preservation, cleaning, maintenance, fabrication, upgrade/expansion, and repair duties.
- Perform vessel emergency response as required while at sea.
- Documents all maintenance and repairs performed.
- Will be required to attend specific training (USCG Approved Basic Fire Fighting Course or Refresher, USCG Approved Able Bodie Seaman Course, Emergency responses).
Minimum Job Skills and Qualifications
- Seven (7) years of relevant work experience or graduated from a technical school with five (5) years of the following relevant experience:
NOTE: Relevant work experience should be in areas such as:
- at-sea vessel operations (deck rigging and line handling tasks, cooking, cleaning, conducting rounds, standing watch, participating in firefighting operations, and performing emergency repairs),
- in-port operations (rigging, crane operation, forklift operation, man lift operation).
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, upgrades, fabrication, installation, operational and testing support of HM&E systems.
- Completion of 2-year Technical School is desired.
- Familiarly with metal and wood working equipment, welding, cutting, pipefitting, corrosion control, and electrical work.
- Training, certifications in firefighting, ship damage control, crane operation, forklift operation, man lift operation, first aid, automatic external defibrillators, and CPR are highly desired.
- Ability to obtain and maintain all levels of background, security, and clearances required to perform duties of this position. This position requires SECRET clearance.
- Maintain all required personal certifications and qualifications related to this role.
- Proficiency in oral and written communications in English.
- Professional maintenance/shipyard environment.
- Must be physically and mentally able to perform duties for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed to meet the demands of this position.
- Physically able to move about in a maintenance environment to include walking, stooping, bending, stretching, and climbing ladders and stairs.
- Ability to work in inclement weather.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be medically qualified for support at sea (medically screed prior to going to sea and at a minimum of every two years or after any significant change in medical condition).
- Must maintain a safe, productive, and professional work environment.
- Overtime shall be required for out to sea operations.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Native Hawaiian Veterans is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Recruiting Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.