- 12-Aug-2022 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Native Hawaiian Veterans
- HI, USA
- Full Time
Native Hawaiian Veterans, LLC (NHV) is a tribally-owned business; an Underutilized Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (UDBE); and Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) that provides services, solutions, and products in the areas of Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Information Technology, Communication Equipment, Professional Staff Augmentation, Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) Remediation, and Strategic Communications/Creative Services.
This position will be responsible for assisting with the operation, maintenance, and installation of the mechanical systems on MATSS. Perform standardized or prescribed assignments involving a sequence of related operations, follows standard work methods on recurring assignments but receives explicit instructions on unfamiliar assignments.
Tasks include following specific instructions to assemble, construct, or service equipment or parts.
- When mechanical work is not required shall perform work as directed, as well as preservations, cleaning, maintenance, fabrication, upgrade/expansion, and repair duties.
- Perform vessel emergency response as required while at sea.
- Documents all maintenance and repairs performed.
- Will be required to attend specific training (USCG Approved Basic Fire Fighting Course or Refresher, USCG Approved Able Bodie Seaman Course, Emergency responses).
Minimum Job Skills and Qualifications
- High School Graduate.
- Completion of 2-year Technical School is desired.
- Relevant experience similar in scope, including:
- in-port operations (rigging, crane operation, forklift operation, man lift operation).
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, upgrades, fabrication, installation, operational and testing support of HM&E systems.
- Familiarly with metal and wood working equipment, welding, cutting, pipefitting, and corrosion work.
- Training, certifications in firefighting, ship damage control, crane operation, forklift operation, man lift operation, first aid, automatic external defibrillators, and CPR are highly desired.
- Ability to obtain and maintain all levels of background, security, and clearances required to perform duties of this position. This position does not require a SECRET clearance.
- Maintain all required personal certifications and qualifications related to this role.
- Proficiency in oral and written communications in English.
- Professional maintenance/shipyard environment.
- Must be physically and mentally able to perform duties for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed to meet the demands of this position.
- Physically able to move about in a maintenance environment to include walking, stooping, bending, stretching, and climbing ladders and stairs.
- Ability to work in inclement weather.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Must maintain a safe, productive, and professional work environment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Native Hawaiian Veterans is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Recruiting Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.