- 11-Aug-2022 to Until Filled (HST)
- Cayuse Government Services
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
Cayuse Government Services (CGS) is committed to excellence by providing innovative and flexible solutions to State, Municipal and Tribal government clients. CGS also provides mission-critical technology delivery as a shared service in our Oregon Technology Delivery Center, which also provides support to CGS' Federal Government clients. Core service areas for CGS include Information Technology Consulting & Integration Services, Centers of Excellence (CoE's), Document/Image Management & Processing, and Service Desk/Help Desk (L1, L2, L3, Deskside) Support Services.
100% Remote - I am looking for a Proposal Writer / Manager - Rock Star.
The Proposal Writer/Manager is responsible for developing, coordinating, managing, writing, and developing compliant and persuasive proposals used to capture new business opportunities, focused primarily on federal contracts. The Proposal Writer/Manager will ensure that all RFP instructions and SOW requirements are carefully met in all proposal documents and ensures that all required criteria is captured.
The Proposal Writer/Manager will develop, coordinate, and ensure that sound technical solutions, based on the customers need as outlined in the SOW, are provided as part of the proposal response. They will also work with Program Managers & Business Development professionals identifying and vetting opportunities through government procurement websites and other similar public sources of information.
The Proposal Writer/Manager will develop marketing materials (e.g. RFI, Sources Sought, etc.), presentations, proposals, and quotations and ensuring that documents are aligned with company standards and processes. They will also facilitate and manage the entire proposal management process. The Proposal Writer/Manager works to edit and design proposal documents from start to finish. They also communicate the proposal in various ways, including graphic layouts, call out boxes, and PowerPoint presentations. This may include developing templates for all future proposals or ensuring that an established template is followed.
They will also work with team members to ensure that deadlines are met and assignments are in compliance. In many situations, the Proposal Writer/Manager could be working on multiple proposals at the same time; time management is necessary.
The Proposal Writer/Manager is also responsible for communicating the progress of proposals to Executive Management. The individual should be familiar with the government industry, have good communications and teamwork skills, strong writing and document management skills, as well as enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. No two days are the same and your contributions are critical to our success.
- Create the layout, formatting, and design of proposals in compliance with government requirements
- Draft proposal portions such as introduction, overview, project approach and cover letter
- Create / Manage entire proposal management process, including but not limited to capture, bid-no/bid, compliance matrices, drafts, color team reviews, facilitate meetings, and final production
- Synthesize proposal materials into final client ready package
- General to advanced knowledge of procurement websites of government agencies and departments.
- Understand how to utilize the tools offered by each website to highlight current and future opportunities
- Perform daily queries on procurement websites, ability to provide preliminary evaluation of opportunity for potential bid
- Research and gather technical and background information for inclusion in project documentation and deliverables.
- Consult relevant information sources, including library resources, technical and financial documents, and client and project personnel, to obtain background information, and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing deliverables.
- Develops technical and management strategies to meet proposal requirements
- Follows specified capture and proposal processes and procedures
- Develops and writes reusable / boiler plate content for proposals
- Maintain the libraries or files needed to create or edit the requested content.
- Determines proposal requirements and coordinates with other departments for proposal input
- Attends pre-proposal conferences and site visits when required
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment and meet all deadlines
- Strong writing and desktop editing skills, checking for clarity and consistency in grammar and style and proofreading.
- Manage past performance citations, resumes and proposal reuse materials' libraries
- Interfacing with subcontractors and team members to gather proposal document data
- Prefer four-year degree with 5+ years experience in technical writing or proposal writing; minimum two-year Associates Degree or seven (7) or more years of work experience in a broad range of business and/or government related environments
- Prior Federal Government proposal experience required and in depth understanding of standard proposal processes
- Advanced to Expert in Shipley or equivalent proposal processes and compliance
- Must have extremely strong word processing, organization, verbal communication, and writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft and Adobe products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Acrobat,
- Ability to navigate structured websites, by using unstructured keyword searches to find opportunities relevant to capabilities
- Experience reading and analyzing Government requests for proposal (RFPs), requests for quotation (RFQs), Sources Sought, and Request for Information (RFI)
- Ability to accurately and timely complete required documentation while adhering to aggressive deadlines under pressure.
- Strong organizational habits, analytical skills as well as effective written and spoken communication skills
- Possesses a customer service mentality, polite and friendly, providing assistance and information in a timely manner, taking responsibility and owning problems until resolved and communicating broadly and courteously through appropriate use of interpersonal styles and methods
- Contributes to the accomplishments of team objectives; works collaboratively as a team member towards solutions; solicits input from other team members, demonstrates respect for the ideas and opinions of others, employs trust and openness
100% remote occasional night and weekend work
Cayuse and our family of companies are 100% Indian Small Business Economic Enterprises (ISBEE) wholly owned by the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR). Specifically, within our Government Operations, we offer diverse business lines and workforce while providing solutions for federal, state, and local clients throughout the world. Cayuse's comprehensive program management, mission support, and technology solutions are ideally positioned to help our clients advance their goals.